Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-08-2019, 10:06 AM   #11
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default Re: Hall of Judgment for the DFRPG: Now LIVE!

(E) and Raputin have the right of it. The tiwstakn was a very important part of "Lost Hall of Tyr (1st Edition)" and provided a magical plot device to shorten the month-long journey to the Hall. If you were wearing the rings found inside the rod that is pictured in the image where the faerie lady is squaring off against a holy warrior in the book, you could see through the illusions placed by Tyr and find a teleportation circle, as well as see the Hall itself, which was concealed from normal sight.

Well, that's fine for a convention, but "you got there and can't find the adventure location" is a bonehead move, so it got toned down and edited out in Hall of Judgment . . . but not completely, and I forgot to include what it is other than by reference.

But basically, it's a device that, when a particular spell is cast through it on a map that shows the geography of the place where the Hall is, will show the location of the Hall to appear on the map. It can also be used (was used) by the priests at Logiheimli to track and return the bodies of petitioners to the Hall to the barrows outside of the fort. A Holy Lojack, if you will.

It could be any convenient object, a ring, a pendant, a plaque, of magical but boring material. Stone is a good choice, as would be brass - durable but not valuable. It would be worked with runes and symbols for the God of Law.
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote