Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2019, 03:43 AM   #1
lachimba
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sydney
Default A list of all the DF monsters in Pyramid and elsewhere

Is there a list of all the monsters in Pyramid and elsewhere?


Its really hard to track them down when you want to use one.
lachimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 11:48 AM   #2
Rasputin
 
Rasputin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Minneapolis, MN, USA
Default Re: A list of all the DF monsters in Pyramid and elsewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by lachimba View Post
Is there a list of all the monsters in Pyramid and elsewhere?
As some day it may happen that a victim must be found,
I've got a little list — I've got a little list
Of nasty, ugly monsters that are dwelling underground,
And who never would be missed — who never would be missed!


As part of adding stats to make GURPS Dungeon Fantasy more like AD&D, I made a list with supplements and page numbers.
__________________
Cura isto securi, Eugene.

My GURPS blog.
Rasputin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 03:10 PM   #3
Dalin
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Saint Paul, MN
Default Re: A list of all the DF monsters in Pyramid and elsewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
As part of adding stats to make GURPS Dungeon Fantasy more like AD&D, I made a list with supplements and page numbers.
Wow. That is awesome.

Sadly, DFRPG Monsters 2 looks like it will fund, which will muck up your page number coding scheme. ;)

(Looks like it will fund by the end of the day at this rate!)
Dalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 05:15 PM   #4
Rasputin
 
Rasputin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Minneapolis, MN, USA
Default Re: A list of all the DF monsters in Pyramid and elsewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalin View Post
Wow. That is awesome.

Sadly, DFRPG Monsters 2 looks like it will fund, which will muck up your page number coding scheme. ;)

(Looks like it will fund by the end of the day at this rate!)
Yeah, I'll have to come up with a new coding scheme. It'll be like how I handle Pyramid, methinks.
__________________
Cura isto securi, Eugene.

My GURPS blog.

Last edited by Rasputin; 03-16-2019 at 10:39 PM. Reason: clarity
Rasputin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 12:43 AM   #5
lachimba
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sydney
Default Re: A list of all the DF monsters in Pyramid and elsewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
As some day it may happen that a victim must be found,
I've got a little list — I've got a little list
Of nasty, ugly monsters that are dwelling underground,
And who never would be missed — who never would be missed!


As part of adding stats to make GURPS Dungeon Fantasy more like AD&D, I made a list with supplements and page numbers.
Thanks for that.

You will have to up date it soon though!
lachimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 02:02 AM   #6
bert
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Southern Sweden, possibly on an Alternate Earth
Default Re: A list of all the DF monsters in Pyramid and elsewhere

The list is great. It would be even better if it mentioned what some creatures are resembling in the original game. Methinks the Bouda is really a Gnoll and so on...
bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 03:08 AM   #7
finn
 
finn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Default Re: A list of all the DF monsters in Pyramid and elsewhere

Creatures by Type in GURPS Repository might be of help to you too.

Helped me find the Elephant data in Basic, and the Dire Mammoth data in a Pyramid article to stat up a non-Dire Mammoth.
__________________
Running DFRPG now. Have run "I Smell a Rat", "You All Meet at a Inn", "Ezkali's Golden Geniza", "Hydra Island", "Grave of the Pirate Queen", and "Titan's House". Running "Hall of Judgement".

Ran "Ezkali's Golden Geniza" in GURP-con, July 21st, Musashi-urawa, Tokyo.
finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 05:42 AM   #8
Dalin
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Saint Paul, MN
Default Re: A list of all the DF monsters in Pyramid and elsewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
As part of adding stats to make GURPS Dungeon Fantasy more like AD&D, I made a list with supplements and page numbers.
I am so glad this thread popped up this week. Yesterday, while running a pickup game with my kids and their friends, I made use of this index multiple times. Found all sorts of beasties that I wouldn't have otherwise been able to locate on the fly.
Dalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 06:44 AM   #9
Rasputin
 
Rasputin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Minneapolis, MN, USA
Default Re: A list of all the DF monsters in Pyramid and elsewhere

If I add columns to it, what should I add? What can I add without infringing on Steve Jackson Games’s intellectual property? Monster class is obvious; I have that in my spreadsheet since it’s part of the algorithms I’m using to assign other stats. (I also have creature SM and IQ for the same reason.) For the ones that are non mere racial templates, I have the grappling “damage” in control points and the Control Maxima.
__________________
Cura isto securi, Eugene.

My GURPS blog.
Rasputin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 01:39 AM   #10
lachimba
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sydney
Default Re: A list of all the DF monsters in Pyramid and elsewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
If I add columns to it, what should I add? What can I add without infringing on Steve Jackson Games’s intellectual property? Monster class is obvious; I have that in my spreadsheet since it’s part of the algorithms I’m using to assign other stats. (I also have creature SM and IQ for the same reason.) For the ones that are non mere racial templates, I have the grappling “damage” in control points and the Control Maxima.
Do you have all the page references for DFRPG and DF?

Having both would be useful.
lachimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dfrpg, monsters, pages, threads

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.