Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 07-24-2018, 08:31 PM   #121
flankspeed

Default Re: The Fantasy Trip Live on Kickstarter Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLV View Post
You and me both, flankspeed, you and me both! I haven't been this excited about a game since...well...original TFT back in 1980! :D

The worst part of the patience gig is going to be when this Kickstarter is over and we have to wait for the final product! Fortunately, I have my old TFT stuff plus all the Dark City Games modules to use to keep me going until my new "drug" shows up in the mail sometime in 2019!
It’s good to know I’m not alone. Thanks, JLV! Also, I have since edited my posting to include that I would understand if there are any legal hindrances to a GM screen. I hope that is not the case!

Last edited by flankspeed; 07-24-2018 at 09:40 PM.
flankspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 08:41 PM   #122
JLV

I think the intent was to re-do the screen completely flankspeed -- Steve asked for input on what we might like to see on a new screen a couple of months ago. The answers were generally pretty close to what was already on there, but there were a couple of good ideas floated. Off hand, I can't think of which thread that was in, but maybe one of the folks here who is more alert than I am can give you a link...
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 09:46 PM   #123
flankspeed

Quote:
I think the intent was to re-do the screen completely flankspeed -- Steve asked for input on what we might like to see on a new screen a couple of months ago. The answers were generally pretty close to what was already on there, but there were a couple of good ideas floated. Off hand, I can't think of which thread that was in, but maybe one of the folks here who is more alert than I am can give you a link...
I reckon I’m just “hyped up” for the new TFT, to use a phrase them youngins are right quick to toss around. Thanks for bringing me up to date, pardner! :)
Old 07-24-2018, 11:09 PM   #124
Wayne

$97,787: Five more critters!
Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 07:25 AM   #125
GM Joe

And now we're over $100k!
Old 07-25-2018, 07:26 AM   #126
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
$97,787: Five more critters!
Done. http://thefantasytrip.game/news/2018...new-creatures/
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 08:56 AM   #127
Evilboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wyzard View Post
Huh.

I wonder if "additional stack of laminated/die cut megahexes" could be an add-on.
THIS. I would definitely pay add-ons to get extra Megahex sheets.
Evilboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 09:14 AM   #128
JLV

Me too. Here's hoping that it happens!
Old 07-25-2018, 11:52 AM   #129
JLV

I was sitting here looking at the statistics for today in this Kickstarter. We are now entering the "doldrums" where the average daily pledges will drop quite a bit, until the last three or four days of the campaign when they will rocket up again, and I was thinking it was too bad that it always happens that way...until I realized that today's pledges are already over $6K, and the day is far from over.

I've participated in successful Kickstarters that didn't get $6K for the entire pledge period; we're over 500% of goal, and we've still got 30 days and change to go... This Kickstarter's "doldrums" are better than some Kickstarter's entire campaign!

This Kickstarter may not set an actual record, but it's doing incredibly well in my opinion! Go TFT!
Old 07-25-2018, 01:07 PM   #130
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Quote:
I was sitting here looking at the statistics for today in this Kickstarter. We are now entering the "doldrums" where the average daily pledges will drop quite a bit, until the last three or four days of the campaign when they will rocket up again, and I was thinking it was too bad that it always happens that way...until I realized that today's pledges are already over $6K, and the day is far from over.

This Kickstarter may not set an actual record, but it's doing incredibly well in my opinion! Go TFT!
Yah. The average pledge per day for the first two days seems to do pretty well as a predictor.

A not-unusual pattern:

* get about X per day for two days. (2X)
* get about 1/3X to 2/3 X per day for the last 2 or 3 days (2/3X to 2X)
* get about 1/12 to 1/8 X per day for every day in between (3-4X total)

So about 5.6X to 8X, with 6-7X being mid of the trend. TFT did about $50K per day for two days, and so $5K per day over the middle of the campaign would be a benchmark. If TFT continues to outperform, perhaps it's headed for $400K or more. But I'd expect $280,000 minimum.
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote