Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-20-2017, 07:14 PM   #14
Rasputin

Default Re: [DF] Turning bodies to loot

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandley View Post
As a follow up, DF 16, p.44 has "Naturally Occurring Loot" that does in fact give a $ value, though it is really meant for trapping natural animals in the wilderness, not skinning slorns or rust monsters. In any event, perhaps you can use it to spur your imagination on this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
LTC3 also has detailed rules this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandley View Post
You are right, I forgot about LTC3 (not 2). The rules start on p.4 and go into significant detail. So you have roll and shout (DF 2 or DF 16), mildly streamlined (After the End 2), and detailed (LTC3).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
Have you looked at DF8: Treasure Tables? Common furs are worth $200 per 75 lbs., while exotic furs are worth $500, 75 lbs., etc. (p. 12).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varyon View Post
DF8, p 13, has the rules for determining how much delvers get and how much it's worth when harvesting bits from slorns and rust monsters. That bases things off the dice of damage the creature's most powerful attack does, but for creatures without a particularly high-damage attack - like a rust monster - you might have to estimate. Basing things off of Combat Effectiveness Rating (It's a Threat!, Pyramid #3/77) may actually be more appropriate, as a foe with good defense may be just as valuable as one with good offense (and one with both may be more valuable). I seem to recall there being some CER-to-loot conversion ratios, but I can't find them with a quick search.
Now these are helpful comments, and exactly for what I was looking! Especially page 13 of DF8. I'll remember that the next time the party fox-man ranger insists on using every part of the animal he killed for food.

As for rations, well, I had better lose weight before my family finds out how tasty I am! (Luckily, I'm by far the smallest person in my gaming group, so they won't kill me and eat me.) If I assume you get 1 meal for every 4 pounds of weight (remember, DF uses 2 lbs. for a meal of rations), I get ST cubed, divided by 32. Still a little wonky to work out at the table.

My GURPS blog.
Rasputin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body parts, gurps, loot the body, rations, selling