Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 02-28-2016, 03:43 AM   #1
evikour

Default Run away and Hireling

Can I sacrifice my Hireling to run away from a monster I can't win after I have failed the die roll or am I obliged to suffer the bad stuff?
If the monster says that you can't escape from it, does the Hireling sacrifice ensures an automatic escape?
Moreover, do I keep the item the Hireling carries for me when I give him away to escape a monster?
Thank you!
evikour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 11:39 AM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Run away and Hireling

If you've failed the die roll, you have to suffer the Bad Stuff. There are a few exceptions, but I can't think of a Hireling that provides one.

Just to be clear: To which Hireling are you referring? Are you playing with Munchkin 4, Munchkin 5, or Munchkin 8? The Hireling cards in Munchkin and Munchkin 3 both say that you lose the Item if you lose Hireling, which would include sacrificing it to escape the Monster(s). The rules for Hirelings found in the other sets say that if you sacrifice a Hireling, it takes your Item with it.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 01:33 PM   #3
evikour

I was talking about the Hireling card from Munchkin 1. From what the Greek card says I understood that you lose the item the Hireling carries only if something forces you to lose the Hireling card not if you give it up yourself..
Since I have Munchkin 4 and 5 as well I will check what their Hireling cards say. But if you play with mixed sets shouldn't there be one common rule for all Hireling cards?
evikour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 06:48 PM   #4
MunchkinMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by evikour View Post
Since I have Munchkin 4 and 5 as well I will check what their Hireling cards say. But if you play with mixed sets shouldn't there be one common rule for all Hireling cards?
You would use the Hireling rules for the expansions, while remembering that cards trump rules.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote