Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 10-28-2012, 11:41 AM   #361
ZmbeHntr

Default Re: [GURPS DF] Welcome to Hell OOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErhnamDJ View Post
I'm trying to go easy on the images. I've almost reached my limit on Flickr.
You tried using Imgur? There is no upload limit. Although the resolution size might not be as good.
ZmbeHntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:07 PM   #362
cltchrn

Did the demons just randomly decide to attack Faenor? The whole point of the Stealthy attack was to not draw attention to himself.
cltchrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:40 PM   #363
zoncxs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cltchrn View Post
Did the demons just randomly decide to attack Faenor? The whole point of the Stealthy attack was to not draw attention to himself.
stealthy attacks does not make you stealthy, they can see you knocking an arrow and releasing it, and they can see their friends getting poked with holes.

stealthy attack imbuement skill makes it harder for them to see the attack (in thise case the arrow) but it does not make it invisible. they get -2 to per to see the attack if you choose to not take a penalty to the imbuement roll.
zoncxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:42 PM   #364
zoncxs

ErhnamDJ you can also use dropbox, no need to worry about limits. its what I do. :)
Old 10-28-2012, 12:53 PM   #365
ZmbeHntr

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoncxs View Post
stealthy attacks does not make you stealthy, they can see you knocking an arrow and releasing it, and they can see their friends getting poked with holes.

stealthy attack imbuement skill makes it harder for them to see the attack (in thise case the arrow) but it does not make it invisible. they get -2 to per to see the attack if you choose to not take a penalty to the imbuement roll.
Um, not true? He took enough of a penalty to get a -10 (the max penalty allowed), so the arrows should have been "invisible" the entire duration of the attack. That is what the description of Stealthy Attack says anyways: "You can silence your weapon or make it invisible, as if it had Low or No Signature."

Even had the demons noticed their friends suddenly dying, it wasn't due to getting poked full of holes. They died due to fatigue damage, so it would be hard to determine cause. More than that, the demons themselves should have had to roll at a -10 to Per to see if they even noticed the attack coming at them before they got to dodge.
ZmbeHntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:38 PM   #366
cltchrn

As long as they saw me (I'm assuming they beat my Stealth roll since they dodged the first attack), they should be able to dodge. It still looks like I'm drawing an arrow, nocking it, pulling it back, and letting go, but it doesn't look like a dozen glowing blue arrows are flying through the air from my position. In fact, unless they were looking directly at me, the bystanders should not know that my attacks were the ones that hit their comrades. Otherwise, what's the point of Stealthy Attack? It seems worthless if it gives me no benefit.

If the one(s) that I hit come(s) after me, I get that. I don't get why half of them pulled off to go for the guy who probably is the least conspicuous and looks the least dangerous. It's not unreasonable, necessarily, but perhaps some more clarity as to how they are reacting would be beneficial. We're they ignoring me up until now? Did they see their friends fall and look towards me in suspicion? Did they seem like they intended to take me out next after they threw all their spears? I don't know that I would necessarily know any of that, but it just seemed like they took no notice of me before, so I assumed my strategy was working (the strategy being to not draw attention to myself).
Old 10-28-2012, 03:59 PM   #367
zoncxs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cltchrn View Post
As long as they saw me (I'm assuming they beat my Stealth roll since they dodged the first attack), they should be able to dodge. It still looks like I'm drawing an arrow, nocking it, pulling it back, and letting go, but it doesn't look like a dozen glowing blue arrows are flying through the air from my position. In fact, unless they were looking directly at me, the bystanders should not know that my attacks were the ones that hit their comrades. Otherwise, what's the point of Stealthy Attack? It seems worthless if it gives me no benefit.

If the one(s) that I hit come(s) after me, I get that. I don't get why half of them pulled off to go for the guy who probably is the least conspicuous and looks the least dangerous. It's not unreasonable, necessarily, but perhaps some more clarity as to how they are reacting would be beneficial. We're they ignoring me up until now? Did they see their friends fall and look towards me in suspicion? Did they seem like they intended to take me out next after they threw all their spears? I don't know that I would necessarily know any of that, but it just seemed like they took no notice of me before, so I assumed my strategy was working (the strategy being to not draw attention to myself).
its only been about 3 seconds.
Old 10-28-2012, 04:03 PM   #368
cltchrn

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoncxs View Post
its only been about 3 seconds.
Care to elaborate your point?
Old 10-28-2012, 04:19 PM   #369
cltchrn

Geez high rolls today. Need to save up for more Luck apparently.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:43 PM   #370
Jovus

Just an FYI to the GM that I need damage rolled for the goo that hit Jorrik's shield, because of Energizing Defense. Also, hi everyone! Still in FL until tomorrow morning, so this is my post for the night, but I'll be back soon.
Jovus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
welcome to hell