Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 10-27-2012, 06:59 AM   #381
momothefiddler

Default Re: [GURPS DF] Welcome to Hell IC

A Small Shield from the Green Druid Lens.

Hey, that DB1 makes it successful! I forget about DB. Not used to shield-using characters.

Astrid 14/14HP, 3/10FP buffs
Jorin 13/13, 9/10, 0/1 ER, 24/24, 3/6, 6/6, 6/6, 6/6 Rings, 6 days since last use of WT
momothefiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:23 PM   #382
Dorin Thorha

Dorli hurls himself in front of Michelle, covering her with his shield.

[ooc] Shield Wall Training lets him Block for her. His Block score is 11, +4 DB, +1 stat bonus, +3 Bless, for a net 19. Roll: 3d6=6 Critical Success! Any chance that allows him to keep himself behind the shield as well?

HP 4/13
FP 10/16

Active bonuses:
+3 to all stats
3 point Bless

Michelle's Spells:
-2 Blur
+1 Haste
Affect Spirits
Old 10-28-2012, 07:19 AM   #383
ErhnamDJ

Dorli steps forward and quickly swings his shield in front of Michelle, intercepting the burning goo, which engulfs his shield, which through some miracle (the power of Signature Gear!) is not incinerated. It does become hot to the touch however, dealing 1 burning damage to Dorli's shield hand, which it will continue to do for a long time. You probably want to drop that shield.

Dorli gets a very large shot of the goo. It would have seeped through is armor and cooked his insides were it not for his Bless spell, which dissipates in a puff of white light, taking the goo with it.

John and Jorrik both step back and block the goo with their shields. Unfortunately, their shields don't fare nearly as well as Dorli's. The goo immediately begins to burn through the shields. They'll both be wanting to drop those.

The demon that Michelle knocked out of the air is covered in the goo. It's over there screaming as its wing membranes burn through. You can see smoke coming off of one of its horns where the goo touched bone.

The six remaining flying demons separate into two groups: one for Michelle and the other for Faenor.

Three of the demons make an all-out attack against Faenor, each swinging in from above with their scorpion tail and going for his arms from the sides. The second one gets a crit, which uses up his Bless, so he won't have that any more for the third one. He can retreat to change his facing for one of those, but he'll get the -2 to defend against the other. So, one attack at -3 to defend against and the other at -5. You can choose which one you retreat against and which you still have Bless against.

The other three go in for Michelle, using much the same tactic. Three attacks. No crit from these, and it looks like they're trying to poke their stingers into a juicy kidney or heart. You can't retreat, since the ground is covered in impassible rat king bones. Three defense rolls. All three at -5.

I'm trying to go easy on the images. I've almost reached my limit on Flickr.

My blog.
ErhnamDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:16 PM   #384
cltchrn

Faenor parries both with his bow.

Parry 18 - 5 = 13 (+3 Bless)
Parry 18 - 2 - 2 (second parry) + 1 (retreat) = 15 (typo in link)
Made both.

Reinforce Weapon (defensive use) 14. Failed. I'll buy a success for 1 Destiny Point.

Condition: +3 stats
HP: 9/9
FP: 11/12
ER: 4/5
cltchrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:42 PM   #385
Jovus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErhnamDJ View Post
John and Jorrik both step back and block the goo with their shields. Unfortunately, their shields don't fare nearly as well as Dorli's. The goo immediately begins to burn through the shields. They'll both be wanting to drop those.
Actually, Jorrik's shield momentarily glares silvery, and the goo appears to have no effect, but at the same moment a couple spears of light snake up his arm and sink into his shoulder.

Spoiler:  

Then, shield still glowing silvery-grey, he attempts to interpose it between Michelle and a spear, but apparently the lingering traces of the ratsmarrow leave him a little too slow, so it sinks beyond his guard. Nevertheless, he also flicks out his sword to knock aside another from finding its target in the mage, grunting under the impact of the hellish missiles.

Spoiler:  

EP:1/3 (possibly more, depending on Energizing Defense allocation)
FP: 13/13
HP: 14/14
Jovus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:56 PM   #386
zoncxs

Watching the Demons swoop down at the prey below Greviel Felt angry, they ignored him, why? With a quick tuck of his wings and a twist he began to nose dive after them. Timing it right He spun in the air and extended his wings while slashing at the back of one of the demons skull.

Rapid Telegraphic Move and attack from behind aimed at the skull with Heroic Charge

22 + 4 - 5 - 3 = 18 skill level

3d6=12, 3d6=11

made both attacks, the target defends at either normal defense (for knowing that I am there) or at -2 (normally -4 for attacks from behind but telegraphic attack gives the defender +2).

Damage: 3d6+6=19, 3d6+6=18

HP: 15/15
FP: 14/15

Dodge: 12 +1 for elevation
Parry: 16 +1 for elevation

Last edited by zoncxs; 10-28-2012 at 07:57 PM. Reason: hp fp
zoncxs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:57 PM   #387
ZmbeHntr

Erion quickly turns and Heroically Charges toward the demons that attacked Faenor. He drops several yards until he is about 5 feet above the nearest demon, and attempts to cut into it's skull.

Rapier 28+1(Height)+1(Higher Purpose)-5(Skull)=25
Roll 9; 10 cutting damage

HP: 14/14
FP: 13/16
ZmbeHntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:23 PM   #388
ErhnamDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovus View Post
I'll need you to roll damage for the goo
It's eight burning damage and thirteen corrosion damage.

Quote:
Then, shield still glowing silvery-grey, he attempts to interpose it between Michelle and a spear
There aren't any spears.

Quote:
In this post I'm perhaps wrongly assuming two seconds went past, one in which the goo shot, and one in which the demons attacked Michelle.
That's right. They happened at the same time.

Quote:
Here's what Jorrik does if that's correct:
Nope, since I had Jorrik retreat to get away from the falling skeleton. Michelle is out of reach. I really should have post an image there for that. Even if you were standing next to her, I still don't think you could reach far enough with that little broadsword to parry an enemy on her other side.

My blog.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:31 PM   #389
ErhnamDJ

Quoting myself here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yours Truly
The other three go in for Michelle, using much the same tactic. Three attacks. No crit from these, and it looks like they're trying to poke their stingers into a juicy kidney or heart. You can't retreat, since the ground is covered in impassible rat king bones. Three defense rolls. All three at -5.
I'm waiting on those defense rolls. These are separate from Dorli saving you from the goo.

I won't be looking at any of the stuff for the next turn until I get these defense rolls taken care of.

I still have more demons for that turn... just because you can't see them doesn't mean they're not there.

My blog.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:52 PM   #390
ErhnamDJ

John sees the shields start to smoke and realizes that if fire gets anywhere near the rat king's skeleton, then it's going to explode, probably killing everything in a good distance.

My blog.

Tags
welcome to hell