Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 08-17-2017, 08:57 AM   #1
bms

Default GenCon promo scenario

Currently at GenCon. Went by the SJG booth to get the promo Ogre scenario, but nobody knew what I was talking about. Did I miss something or have I gone well and truly insane?
bms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 09:47 AM   #2
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Default Re: GenCon promo scenario

Quote:
Originally Posted by bms View Post
Currently at GenCon. Went by the SJG booth to get the promo Ogre scenario, but nobody knew what I was talking about. Did I miss something or have I gone well and truly insane?

You are not crazy. Show them the picture
Old 08-17-2017, 02:54 PM   #3
Cat

Try asking for the one that was published in this August's issue of Game Trade Magazine, #210!

I despair at the way the promos for this game keep getting fumbled.
Old 08-17-2017, 04:45 PM   #4
jfleisher

I got one at the SJ games table in hall C, where they are running games.

My Ogre Miniatures Blog: http://ogreminiatures.blogspot.com
jfleisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 05:34 PM   #5
bms

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfleisher View Post
I got one at the SJ games table in hall C, where they are running games.

Good to know. Ill be over there tomorrow for the Ogre tournament, so I'll check then.
Old 08-18-2017, 02:20 PM   #6
atomic

For those of us not fortunate enough to there, can some give ua a rundown of what this is? Thanks in advance!
atomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 03:03 PM   #7
bms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat View Post
Try asking for the one that was published in this August's issue of Game Trade Magazine, #210!

I ended up getting the usual free copy of GTM 210 from their booth, so I got the scenario.

Really interesting scenario but needs the city overlays from Ogre Reinforcements (or a copy of ODE) to play full size, so fair warning. Ogre has to destroy three sensor posts, Paneuros start with minimal armor and infantry but get reinforcements each turn after the third.
Old 08-20-2017, 05:33 AM   #8
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat View Post
Our team is doing all they can with limited resources. We invest time and money into all of our games, and at Gen Con, we are running nonstop to the point that we will pay the ultimate price next week: Some percentage of our Gen Con team will be very, very sick.

I am sorry if you feel we are doing a disservice to any of our games, but please trust me when I say: Our entire team is working as hard as possible . . . some of them are pushing themselves too far to the point it isn't healthy.

And all in the name of demoing games to a constant wave of gamers.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 06:46 AM   #9
sparky00

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
Our team is doing all they can with limited resources. We invest time and money into all of our games, and at Gen Con, we are running nonstop to the point that we will pay the ultimate price next week: Some percentage of our Gen Con team will be very, very sick.

I am sorry if you feel we are doing a disservice to any of our games, but please trust me when I say: Our entire team is working as hard as possible . . . some of them are pushing themselves too far to the point it isn't healthy.

And all in the name of demoing games to a constant wave of gamers.
And you are posting work stuff at 05:30AM on Sunday!

As someone who regularly works obsessively long hours chasing infinite details (which I precisely why I am not at Gen Con), please consider my advice - Don't Do It!

I often represent our company at trade shows, so I understand the drive to get the greatest return on the resources invested (I'm the guy who makes sure all out customers get back to the correct hotels at 03:00AM, after all the parties are over) but do NOT let your people work themselves sick. Even if they don't suffer lasting physical harm, their attitude toward the company will subtly change. Permanently.

If they won't stop on their own, exercise some command authority & pull them back.

SJG games respects its customers, & always will. I wish you every success at Gen Con 50, & wish I could be there to enjoy it with you. But you have to take care of yourselves if you are going to take care of anything else
sparky00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 10:04 AM   #10
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
I do really understand and appreciate the huge effort and exhaustion that goes into making conventions, and especially the gigantic GenCon a success Demo teams especially run themselves into the ground for love of the game! I did not mean to cast shadows on that, sorry. Congrats to everyone there, and rest well next week!

Once it was pointed out that the copies were in the demo area, that also explained quite well why some folks at the booth may not have been aware of that during all the hectic work of the con.

I should have mentioned that my comment was solely in regards to the earlier promo game days when my local store couldn't sign up for them because we didn't know that they could only do that directly through this website and not through normal distribution channels where they look for such info.