Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 07-06-2017, 09:31 AM   #21
Rhoopes73

Default Re: Private Game for Jericho Group - Zombie Apocalypse [OOC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slepnair View Post
Mike was still at MIT when this happened, but probably would have tried his damnedest to be there.

I'm also thinking that Mike and Kai would have seen each other on occasion, bout 3 1/2 hours. Not TOO far to get together on weekends sometimes, or meet up for day trips or something.
I imagine they would get together from time to time, though not as often as they would like since they are both workaholics.
Rhoopes73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 04:56 AM   #22
Slepnair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoopes73 View Post
I imagine they would get together from time to time, though not as often as they would like since they are both workaholics.
I'd probably still be working even if we were on "vacation" theorizing, writing, computing, you know... not relaxing at all.
Slepnair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 07:50 AM   #23
Rhoopes73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slepnair View Post
I'd probably still be working even if we were on "vacation" theorizing, writing, computing, you know... not relaxing at all.
Be glad that Kai does not bring his work with him...

I have it on good authority that a boiling human skull does NOT smell good.
Old 07-08-2017, 11:58 AM   #24
TheOneRonin

So I still haven't figured out exactly how I am going to time XP rewards, but I have list of how I am basically going to structure the awards:

Survival: 0 - 2 CP
Basically, surviving all the way to a story breakpoint/scene is worth 2 CP. If your character is unconscious, seriously injured, or otherwise impaired, then the award is only 1 CP. If you are zombie bait, no CP for you!

Good roleplaying: 0 - 2 CP
The basics here are sticking to your character's traits (especially disads and quirks). At a basic level, playing your character in accordance to what's on your sheet and posting regularly is worth 1 CP. Going the extra mile to bring your disads and quirks into play is worth 1 extra CP. Deliberately avoiding your disadvantages via conscious decisions or Self Control rolls garners 0 CP.

GM Fiat: 0 - 1 CP
This is a catch-all for things that I think should be specifically rewarded. This might be things like especially clever solutions to problems/obstacles, particularly brave/risky actions that pay off, or even posting something I find incredibly hilarious or particularly interesting.

Party MVP: 1 CP
This is something new I'm trying out on this game. At each break point when I am awarding CPs, I will have each of the players vote on who was the MVP of the party since the last break-point. Everyone only gets one vote and must vote for a character other than their own. If there is a tie, the GM will make the tie-breaking vote (otherwise, the GM does not vote). Votes will be submitted to the GM via Private message here on the forums, and will not be made public.

If you have any questions about these rules, let me know.
TheOneRonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 07:12 PM   #25
TheOneRonin

I'm locking down the IC thread from posting so I can move the story forward for a bit.

Once Kai's eulogy is up, then he will call the siblings together to share some news with them.

Once he has done that, I'll re-open the IC thread for a couple of days for the characters to talk about their plans, and then I will lock the IC thread down again while I post the Skipper's Logs documenting the boat trip to the island, and the return trip to Florida.

The OOC thread will remain open, and if you have any questions, post them here.
Old 07-09-2017, 07:25 PM   #26
TheOneRonin

So Kai's speech is up, but I'm not going to unlock the IC thread just yet.

Sean, I'm assuming that everyone notices Frank after they sit down, but since the funeral is starting, no one is going to jump up and come over, at least not until after the service is over.

Seth, I need to know the status of Clint. I know you had some plans for his background and arrival to the funeral, and some stuff related to cell phones and voice messages at whatnot, but I need you post at least a summary here before I can mover the story forward.

If anyone else has any questions about anything, please post them here.
Old 07-25-2017, 07:03 PM   #27
TheOneRonin

<channels Matthew McConaughey>

Alright, alright, alright! Let's do this thing!

I put up several new posts on the IC thread. Make sure you start reading on Page 2, post #18. That is the first post I added today. If you start at the top of the last page, you'll miss out on a lot of stuff.

The IC thread is open for posting, but I would encourage you guys to make sure you read everything that's been posted today and field any questions you may have here on the OOC thread before posting. If you don't have any questions, have at.

Let's get this thing moving!
Old 07-26-2017, 05:25 AM   #28
Rhoopes73

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneRonin View Post
<channels Matthew McConaughey>

Alright, alright, alright! Let's do this thing!

I put up several new posts on the IC thread. Make sure you start reading on Page 2, post #18. That is the first post I added today. If you start at the top of the last page, you'll miss out on a lot of stuff.

The IC thread is open for posting, but I would encourage you guys to make sure you read everything that's been posted today and field any questions you may have here on the OOC thread before posting. If you don't have any questions, have at.

Let's get this thing moving!
I am guessing Mike was not able to get the radio working. Where are we? How far off shore are we?
Old 07-26-2017, 05:38 AM   #29
TheOneRonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoopes73 View Post
I am guessing Mike was not able to get the radio working. Where are we? How far off shore are we?
If Mike could find some replacement components, he might be able to fix it, but right now, the radio is a paperweight.

The 78 is anchored about a mile offshore from the St. Agustine Inlet. The original plan was to dock at Camachee Cove Yacht Harbor, which is where your cars are parked.
Old 07-27-2017, 07:00 PM   #30
TheOneRonin

If anyone wants to assist with searching the Yacht for weapons/useful equipment, please make a Search roll.

If you do not have the Search skill, you can still attempt it by rolling vs. Perception -5.

Remember to go to the dice rolling web page, join the room "No More Room in Hell", and make your rolls.