Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 10-18-2019, 12:36 PM   #1
b-dog

Default Cosmic powers in Dungeon Fantasy

I am trying to organize the cosmic powers in Dungeon Fantasy. I am thinking that it might work this way:

Divine cosmic power is the power of the gods and they in turn bestow holy or unholy sanctity to their worshippers.

Magick cosmic power is magical power of the universe and where it is strong mana accumulates so that wizards can cast spells.

Elder cosmic power is a power that is part of the original chaos of the universe that Elder gods use.

Psionics gets activated in the minds of mortals exposed to cosmic powers particularly the Elder cosmic power but also Magick and Divine too.

I see the cosmic powers causing mana and sanctity to emanate from high cosmic power areas and then mortal casters can use them. Psionics is sort of an oddball power of the mind that interacts with Divine, Magick and Elder powers and allows the mind to control reality.
b-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 05:18 AM   #2
Dalin

Default Re: Cosmic powers in Dungeon Fantasy

Where would you put Nature (i.e, druids) in this mix? And, would Chi be on par with psionics?
Dalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 12:51 PM   #3
b-dog

I guess my concept would be that nature is from Nature gods so it would be Divine. Chi would be closer to psionics because it is the material world.
Old 10-22-2019, 04:25 AM   #4
Anders

I would go with druids being a form of mana, just one that accumulates in unspoiled areas.
Old 10-22-2019, 08:10 AM   #5
b-dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
I would go with druids being a form of mana, just one that accumulates in unspoiled areas.
You are right it makes more sense that way. It is just mana packaged differently. I like to think of Magick as a sort supernatural energy of creation separate from the Divine. Nature and mana are not tied to the Divine.

As far a psionics though I sort of think of it a the minds response to being exposed to supernatural energies.