Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-15-2006, 09:59 PM   #41
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)

Default Re: Some licensed properties I would like to see SJG get for GURPS (but they won't)

PB:GURPS Panda-monium (anyone else remember that cartoon?)
PB:GURPS Cyborg Commando

Okay, but seriously:
PB:GURPS Necromunda
PB:GURPS Homeworld
PB:GURPS Doctor Who
PB:GURPS Syndicate and/or PB:GURPS Chaos Overlords (anyone remember those games?)
PB:GURPS Starflight or PB:GURPS Star Control
(Okay, yeah, I'm old)

As for just sourcebooks:
GURPS Anime (how to do everything from Sailor Moon through Trigun through Ghost in the Shell through Gundam [but carefully avoiding Excell Saga and/or Puni Puni Poemy])
GURPS Unreality (a book on how to run games where the world doesn't stay the same in major ways)

Books I would not want to see:
PB:GURPS Power Rangers
PB:GURPS The Lost Boys
PB:GURPS DoA (My character's do not need a "jiggle" attribute)
PB:GURPS Mario and Luigi
PB:GURPS SCTV, PB:GURPS SNL or anything else like that.
Mark Skarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 10:53 PM   #42
t@nya

Default Re: Some licensed properties I would like to see SJG get for GURPS (but they won't)

Gurps Elder Scrolls
Gurps Pern
Gurps Lands of Valdemar
Gurps Stargate SG-1 (another vote)
Gurps Babylon 5
Gurps Star Wars (another vote)
Gurps CSI (?) or Gurps Law and Order (?) (love the shows, but don't know how interesting it would be to play forensic scientists solving crimes).
t@nya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 10:58 PM   #43
Qoltar
Pike's Pique

This one might be cool:

GURPS:Global Frequency
Based on the comic book and un-aired TV Pilot of the same name.

The TV pilot starred Michelle Forbes...before she was a sociopathic Colonial Warrior Admiral.

- E.W. Charlton
You can't take the sky from me....

A vote for charity: http://s3.silent-tower.org/TheKlingonVotes/index.html
Qoltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 11:38 PM   #44
Schroeder

I know there have been discussions previously on one of these (not in this specific thread) but:
GURPS: Malazan : I love this series and am curious about what developments are taking place with Erikson making it into an RPG world again.
GURPS: Starship Troopers (Origional Book Version) : I know that Heinlein was already mentioned, but this book is seperate (as far as I know) from the rest of his stuff and is full of potential gaming.
GURPS: Oryx and Crake : This is a more recent book by Margret Atwood...could be an interesting setting for a Post-Apocalypse game.

Last edited by Schroeder; 03-15-2006 at 11:43 PM.
Schroeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 12:21 AM   #45
Atreyu_Hibiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Skarr
Books I would not want to see:PB:GURPS Mario and Luigi
Erg... would you hit me if I said that I recently ran a "bopping through videogame worlds" campaign, and Mario was the world we visited longest?

(Interestingly, the main villains turned out to be Inky, Blinky, Pinky, and Clyde...)
Atreyu_Hibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 12:38 AM   #46
RevBob

Heh.

PB:Toon Drawn Together.

Looking for a St. Aosbczkcs medal.
RevBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 01:17 AM   #47
eddie

Location: Ayden, North Carolina, USA, North America, planet Earth, Sol system, Milky Way, the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDLadage
GURPS: Sid and Marty Kroft -- no, not just H. R. Puffinstuff. I would like to see a pseudo-GURPS Lite (say: GURPS for Children) that would allow for Role Playing with the Buggaloos, Dr. Shrinker, Eletra-Woman and Dyna-Girl, Wonderbug, Sigmund and the Seamonsters, Land of the Lost...
Ahhh, childhood memories, excuse me while I disappear to a happy place.

OK, I'm back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarkstomper
GURPS: Brisco County, Jr.
Definately, this would be nice just to see an Orb stated out, not to mention some of those inventions of Prof. Wickwire.

One other book I would love to see would be GURPS:The Race. Dealing with the lizard invaders from the Harry Turtledove World War and Colonization series and give more detailed info on some of their ships and other tech.

- Eddie
eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 01:25 AM   #48
roguebfl
Dog of Lysdexics

Quote:
Originally Posted by t@nn
Gurps CSI (?) or Gurps Law and Order (?) (love the shows, but don't know how interesting it would be to play forensic scientists solving crimes).
Shall I point to the wonderfal ebook on e32 called GURPS Mysteries ? 8)
roguebfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 01:32 AM   #49
MACH_RIDER

-GURPS Black Ops II: X-COM (With the players controlling both base operations and op teams on missions.)
-GURPS System Shock (With game notes for both computer games, and a general guide to sci-fi horror)
-GURPS Ghost in the Shell (Crunchy bits would just be character-design and equipment, heavy on the source material.)
-GURPS Wing Commander (With the Random Mission Generation System, assembling a complete mission from stock objectives and adversaries. Heck, this should go into X-COM, too.)

Not really a license:
GURPS WWI (Complete with the Trench Warfare Combat System, which abstracts the process of sitting in a trench getting shelled for a day into what happens to the PCs and their buddies.)
Old 03-16-2006, 01:49 AM   #50
Anders

GURPS Narnia
GURPS Mumintrollet