Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-15-2006, 01:41 PM   #11
Qoltar
Pike's Pique

Default Re: Some licensed properties I would like to see SJG get for GURPS (but they won't)

Just GURPS: LAND OF THE LOST would be nice.
You can't take the sky from me....

A vote for charity: http://s3.silent-tower.org/TheKlingonVotes/index.html
Qoltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 01:43 PM   #12
DaltonS

Default Re: Some licensed properties I would like to see SJG get for GURPS (but they won't)

• GURPS Gilligan's Island - sort of like The Prisoner, but with a lot more laughs.
  • GURPS Green Acres - Roleplaying in rural America. Include detailed maps of Hooterville and Sam Drucker's General Store, and a character sheet for Arnold the pig.
  • GURPS I Dream of Jeannie - Arabian Nights meets the space race. <blink>
  • GURPS The Addam's Family - It's crazy and it's kookie, it's altogether ookie. Psychos were never so much fun.
  • GURPS The Great St. Trinian's Roleplaying Game - I stand corrected. Arson, mayhem, illegal gambling, ... and that's just before recess. The only girl's school where Wednesday Addams could become class valedictorian on her own merits.

--

Dalton "No, I'm not off my meds. Why do you ask?" Spence
DaltonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 02:31 PM   #13
nnnnn

GURPS Barsoom I would buy it without hesitation

nnnnn
nnnnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 02:35 PM   #14
brehaut

I made this for a thread over at RPG.net,
GURPS Coheed and Cambria(cover image). For those who dont know, C&C is a Emo/Metal/Prog concept band with 3 albums. its all kinda weird, and apparently has a short run series of graphic novels (the most recent of which Christopher Shy worked on) that are totally wacked out Sci-fi with zombies associated with it. The liner notes and songs along make me want to play a game of it (ive never seen the comics)

does anyone know if you can imbed img tags on this forum?
brehaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 02:38 PM   #15
PK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qoltar
Just GURPS: LAND OF THE LOST would be nice.
http://e23.sjgames.com/item.html?id=SJG82-0012

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 02:47 PM   #16
Kaldrin

I'd like to see GURPS: LOST... currently the only show I watch more than casually.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:50 PM   #17
Rasmus Wagner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaldrin
I'd like to see GURPS: LOST... currently the only show I watch more than casually.
Seriously? I love the show. But the RPG would take up, what, 10 pages on e23. You could write it up in an afternoon yourself.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:51 PM   #18
Robbie

GURPS Resident Evil would be good!
Old 03-15-2006, 03:03 PM   #19
Kaldrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasmus Wagner
Seriously? I love the show. But the RPG would take up, what, 10 pages on e23. You could write it up in an afternoon yourself.
There's a tonne of layers to the background. The island appears to have metaphysical as well as the regular physical constituents. I wouldn't doubt that you could just keep adding to the pile of weirdness until you had a worldbook of background for it.
Old 03-15-2006, 03:13 PM   #20
brehaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaldrin
There's a tonne of layers to the background. The island appears to have metaphysical as well as the regular physical constituents. I wouldn't doubt that you could just keep adding to the pile of weirdness until you had a worldbook of background for it.
The problem i see with Lost as as a setting is that mostly you would have players who have watched the show lots and knows quite a bit about it already would be the ones keen to play, and it would be quite hard to sell to players who dont know the background. You would also want to start with a fresh island, which would not work so well for players who know the story (especially into the second series)

Aside from that i think you could probably get 60 to 100 pages fairly easily and that it would be really cool. Especially with all the flashbacks to be played out, and the interlinking of characters there.
brehaut is offline   Reply With Quote