Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-03-2014, 12:05 PM   #21
Flyndaran
Untagged

Default Re: Ritual Path Magic spells for zero point features?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VulpesFulva View Post
Assuming the vaguely modern era for MH... You'd only need extra points beyond the greater transform if the transformation includes making a plain person attractive, a weak one strong, or similar.

Oddly, iirc, "me, but prettier" is a lesser transform, RAW.
Then it's much easier to do it as two separate spells, one greater, and one lesser.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:23 PM   #22
dataweaver

Default Re: Ritual Path Magic spells for zero point features?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varyon View Post
At that point, gender is no longer a 0-point feature, but rather a template with certain traits, such as Social Stigma. In that case, you'd need to pay energy for whatever traits are on the template. Yes, this does mean Gender Bender costs more in a setting where one gender has a different social standing than the other, and actually has a different cost depending on the direction of the swap. Magic's weird.
That’s not magic being weird; that’s magic being meta.

[soapbox]Which gets back to what has become my single biggest complaint about GURPS: the way that the point system has become all-important, to the point that even story and setting are forced to bend to accommodate it. The above post is essentially “social traits have point totals in GURPS, and RPM levies an increased energy cost based on anything with a point cost regardless of whether or not it makes sense in the context of the setting.”[/soapbox]

Last edited by dataweaver; 04-03-2014 at 10:56 PM.
dataweaver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ritual path magic, rpm