Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-11-2008, 07:32 PM   #21
benz72

Default Re: List Of your favorite Custom Perks

11) Cosmic Reservations

You never wait to be seated at a restaraunt, and can always find a room at any place that normally rents them.
The service may be slow and the food terrible but at least you aren't waiting in the loby.
The room may be a complete dump with unidentified stains on the furnishings and smelling of dirty sweatsocks, but it's available for you if you want it so you don't have to sleep in the rain.

Last edited by benz72; 08-16-2008 at 02:58 PM.
benz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 08:45 PM   #22
PK

12. Green Light: The gods of traffic love you. You almost always catch the green lights, unless there's an actual or logical reason you wouldn't. When you take a penalty to Driving to get somewhere faster, reduce the penalty by 2 points (i.e., a Driving-1 roll will shave 15% off your normal time).

(HOUSE RULE: Any roll to get somewhere faster than normal is at -1 per 5% shaved, not 10%, to a maximum of 50% at -10 to skill. Because no amount of Driving skill will let you drive a Corolla from Florida to Maryland in an hour. Hence the 15% reference instead of 30%, above.)

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 08:46 PM   #23
Hockney

Always has a lit cigarette in hand.
Hockney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:10 PM   #24
bigmack83

Lol wow lots of great Perks. More than I thought would show up in a day.

Hockney: What about

13) Lit Cigar
No matter what always has a lit cigar to use. Even in combat. Lit cherry does not get them noticed in a dark rooms. If it breaks or an enemy knocks it out for whatever reason. Can easily pull another out of his pocket

14) Sunglasses
Always has sunglasses. If yours break you simply pull another out of your pocket and put them on. Even if you have on a fresh set of clothes from 4) always has a change of clothes
bigmack83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:53 PM   #25
Dantar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmack83
Lol wow lots of great Perks. More than I thought would show up in a day.

Hockney: What about

13) Lit Cigar
No matter what always has a lit cigar to use. Even in combat. Lit cherry does not get them noticed in a dark rooms. If it breaks or an enemy knocks it out for whatever reason. Can easily pull another out of his pocket

14) Sunglasses
Always has sunglasses. If yours break you simply pull another out of your pocket and put them on. Even if you have on a fresh set of clothes from 4) always has a change of clothes
I like this one (Sunglasses) I'd add that either they have one on them or they find one nearby, like the Terminator seems to always do :P

Old 06-11-2008, 10:01 PM   #26
bigmack83

I actually thought of the sunglasses because i just watched Final fantasy advent children and the character Rude gets his broken and just pulls another out of his blazer pocket.

This could be used for other things also like always has one more bullet in his pocket. or a cigar, or a beer/bottle of alchohol (works great if you cant get drunk)
Old 06-11-2008, 10:48 PM   #27
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

15) Fonzie Ignition System: A thump of the hand gets jukeboxes to play, lights to flip on and car engines to rev. Any simple machinery will start working with a slap, so long as nothing is majorly wrong with it. (It may even resolve a "rolling" TV image!)

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 11:11 PM   #28
Tommi_Kovala

Impressive Scar
You gain a reaction bonus as if you had the first level of the Born War Leader Talent. Unlike other prominent injuries, this doesn't penalise Appearance.
Tommi_Kovala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 11:45 PM   #29
bigmack83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man
15) Fonzie Ignition System: A thump of the hand gets jukeboxes to play, lights to flip on and car engines to rev. Any simple machinery will start working with a slap, so long as nothing is majorly wrong with it. (It may even resolve a "rolling" TV image!)
Haha great, as long as there is nothing seriously wrong with the item. user fails the roll by one and the car doesn't start, the Fonz comes up and slaps the car and starts right up. i like this one.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:40 AM   #30
Anders

16) Informed Attribute This is a perk-level Unusual Background which allows you to buy and maintain a Reputation as a skilled whatever without actually being very good at it.

(From Jabootu: : When a character displays a mediocre or even inept level of skill in some discipline (anything from dancing to writing to fighting), yet we are shown other characters lauding their talents. This is to signal the audience that, at least in the universe presented in the film, these people are to be considered as highly proficient at their craft, however much this belies the evidence of our eyes and/or ears. EXAMPLE: When we watch actor ‘Frankie Fane’ chew up the scenery in The Oscar, yet learn through dialog that his performance was considered to be skilled. Informed Attributes can also pertain to non-apparent character traits, as when one character notes another’s purportedly high intelligence or sexual magnetism.)

Tags
house rules, perks