Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Warehouse 23 > Warehouse 23 Digital

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2019, 09:52 PM   #281
Refplace

Default Re: The 2019 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by whswhs View Post
It will almost surely be a 2020 item, though.
Yeah, I dont think anything that hasn't made it out of first draft is going to land by end of year, very unlikely anything farther than that. One exception might be David Pulver's stuff. We havent heard anything on those in a long time and they might be hiding under the radar.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 09-07-2019, 07:23 AM   #282
Michael Thayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
Minor updates, one new unknown item by William Stoddard has a contract.
Finding out the name of the Vehicles item is Transports of Fantasy is nice. I was kind of hoping for something that covers TL9+ vehicles, but this is interesting too.

Quote:
Yeah, I dont think anything that hasn't made it out of first draft is going to land by end of year, very unlikely anything farther than that. One exception might be David Pulver's stuff. We havent heard anything on those in a long time and they might be hiding under the radar.
That would be cool. I love David's stuff. Sadly I dare not get my hopes up about Vehicle Design 4e, but I do see he has two other things in the early pipeline.

Last edited by Michael Thayne; 09-07-2019 at 07:30 AM.
Old 09-07-2019, 08:11 AM   #283
Randyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Thayne View Post
Finding out the name of the Vehicles item is Transports of Fantasy is nice. I was kind of hoping for something that covers TL9+ vehicles, but this is interesting too.
IMO, TL9+ as a whole in GURPS is a hot mess. Some gems in the mix, but overall the TL9+ part of the toolset needs a comprehensive overhaul.

"(GURPS) isn't a game but a toolkit for building games, and the GM needs to use it intelligently" - Kromm
Old 09-07-2019, 08:43 AM   #284
Michael Thayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyman View Post
IMO, TL9+ as a whole in GURPS is a hot mess. Some gems in the mix, but overall the TL9+ part of the toolset needs a comprehensive overhaul.
This seems like an overstatement. The biggest issue is that Ultra-Tech and Spaceships don't mesh well (plus Spaceships has other internal issues). That's why TL9+ vehicles more in the style of Ultra-Tech would be so useful!
Old 09-07-2019, 11:04 AM   #285
Proteus

Quote:
Just updated the spec entries on the first page.
Looks like Sept the best candidates are GURPS High Tech: Electricity and Electronics and GURPS Sorcery Sound Spells.
Both are in late editing.
Electricity and Electronics is only queued for editing, isn’t it? And it’s long.

I’d instead suspect Sorcery: Sound Spells for September; Kromm’s latest writing project for October; and either of Disasters: Hurticane or High Tech: Electricity and Electronics for November, with the other to close out the year.
Old 09-07-2019, 01:40 PM   #286
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
Electricity and Electronics is only queued for editing, isn’t it? And it’s long.

I’d instead suspect Sorcery: Sound Spells for September; Kromm’s latest writing project for October; and either of Disasters: Hurticane or High Tech: Electricity and Electronics for November, with the other to close out the year.
Yeah I think Sound Spells is next, Bills volume is longer than the Disasters one but hes written for SJG more so Kromm might be able to edit it faster. Hard to say, but I do expect to see both by end of year.
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 09-07-2019, 01:46 PM   #287
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Quote:
Yeah I think Sound Spells is next, Bills volume is longer than the Disasters one but hes written for SJG more so Kromm might be able to edit it faster. Hard to say, but I do expect to see both by end of year.
If things go to plan, PDFs of the upcoming GB Kickstarter will be available in December or so. That's two setting/adventure books and one supplement.
Old 09-07-2019, 09:39 PM   #288
Refplace

Speaking of.... Looks like Nordland Sagas is coming next week to a Kickstarter near you!
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 09-08-2019, 07:20 AM   #289
Randyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Thayne View Post
This seems like an overstatement. The biggest issue is that Ultra-Tech and Spaceships don't mesh well (plus Spaceships has other internal issues). That's why TL9+ vehicles more in the style of Ultra-Tech would be so useful!
Ultra-Tech has other issues. TL8 firearms from High-Tech outperform their TL9 analogues from Ultra-Tech, for starters. Electrothermal firearms, on the other hand, are notoriously over powered. Ultra-Tech is probably #2 on the wish list for "rewritten from scratch" in GURPS 4e.

"(GURPS) isn't a game but a toolkit for building games, and the GM needs to use it intelligently" - Kromm
Old 09-08-2019, 07:29 AM   #290
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyman View Post
[B][I]Electrothermal firearms, on the other hand, are notoriously over powered.
Interestingly enough . . . maybe not. Certainly not as much as I thought!
Closed Thread