Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 12-06-2019, 04:45 PM   #11
DreadDomain

Default Re: Pyramid Dungeon Collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turhan's Bey Company View Post
For greater convenience, I've put together a list of the locations mentioned in "Wellsprings of Location" and the publications in which they may be found here. Collect them all for a bigger Wellsprings-based campaign!

(This is, btw, a prime example of the kinds of revisions done for the PDC. The original Wellsprings article stitched together a lot of web-Pyramid articles. Many of those didn't make the jump to this book or other publications, so about half of the article is new work pointing to newer locations.)
I very much like this article but it is very high level and deserves better maps. Thanks for the links. I did not quite appreciate the number of locations it was pulling together.

Is the future DF setting book related to Wellsprings or is it something different altogether?
DreadDomain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 04:46 PM   #12
DreadDomain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm View Post
The greatest treasures
Are often ancient relics
As seen by new eyes
— Mentira Mensonge, Bard
Mentira Mensonge... I love it! Obviously using your French Kromm.
DreadDomain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 11:46 AM   #13
Evil Roy Slade

I think a special shout-out is in order for Matt Riggsby, who by my count wrote sixteen of the twenty-two articles in the collection. I knew he was prolific but I did not realize he was that prolific.

Bravo, Matt!
Evil Roy Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 02:59 PM   #14
Turhan's Bey Company
Aluminated

Location: East of the moon, west of the stars, close to buses and shopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadDomain View Post
Is the future DF setting book related to Wellsprings or is it something different altogether?
It's a place in the same world. That is, I can point to exactly where it is on the Wellsprings map, and some of the entities mentioned in passing in the Wellsprings article are significant in the new setting. However, the new setting is essentially stand-alone and requires no knowledge of anything in the PDC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Roy Slade View Post
I knew he was prolific but I did not realize he was that prolific.

Bravo, Matt!
Thanks, man. Including all the installments of multi-part articles, I think I had something around 100 pieces in web-pyramid. It was nice to be able to revisit some of them.

Buy my Warehouse 23 stuff, dammit!
Turhan's Bey Company is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 04:59 PM   #15
Plane

Would it list somewhere in the book which issues of the 1st/2nd Pyramid series the adapted works were derived from, for easy comparison of 3e>4e updates?
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 01:46 PM   #16
Steven Marsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Marsh View Post
As an addendum, the Pyramid Dungeon Collection is also available in print through Amazon as part of our On Demand program.

(We know there's a problem with the pricing of that volume on some of Amazon's international sites; we're trying to get it sorted out with them.)
As an update, the international prices for this item seem to be fixed. (Thanks, Amazon UK and Amazon Italy!)

If anyone encounters any issues with the pricing on this (or other On Demand items), please let us know!
Steven Marsh is offline   Reply With Quote