Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 08-30-2012, 01:01 AM   #1041
Dammann

Default Re: Art for games

I made a bunch of hobgoblins over the last few days.

Also, I am putting finishing touches on this ogre. Check out his sweet ogre ponytail! This is a guy who does not like his hair getting in his face.
Dammann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:16 PM   #1042
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammann View Post
Also, I am putting finishing touches on this ogre. Check out his sweet ogre ponytail! This is a guy who does not like his hair getting in his face.
The ogre links seem broken. :(
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:21 PM   #1043
Dammann

They're working for me now, but photobucket was a little weird last night. Is it still a broken link?
Old 09-04-2012, 09:57 PM   #1044
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
They're working for me now, but photobucket was a little weird last night. Is it still a broken link?
Nope, working fine! That's the best yet. I would pay cash monies for these things, BTW.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:46 PM   #1045
Blind Mapmaker

I don't have anything useful to add, but I just wanted to say that these are amazing. You're very talented, Dammann. And your players are very lucky.
Blind Mapmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:50 AM   #1046
Dammann

Thank you both! I am a glutton for positive reinforcement.

I hope my players are lucky; I definitely have some deficiencies as a GM, and I am working to address them. Descriptive language is not my natural inclination. I am getting better at pacing, but that is hard, too. I have 9 players, now, so it gets tougher and tougher to maintain the dramatic pacing while also keeping our collective understanding clear and give everyone some spotlight. DF is probably easier to do this with, given the clear-cut niches that the templates provide, as well as helping me write better adventures.

Anyway, that is talk better suited to another thread, I suppose. GMing may be an art, but not what is intended by this thread.

This is Grizena Hemmingworth. She is a half-ogre barbarian, and half-sister to the holy warrior up-thread. Dad got a little strange when mom died, but Humphrey is a fiercely loyal brother. The falcon Grizena carries is named Peekaboo.

Reggie is an ogre martial artist. He was adopted by monks as an infant. He is not very bright, but he takes sifu's teachings very seriously, justifying every argument he makes with cryptic quotations that may or may not be accurate to what his master said. He worships his sifu as a god, building small shrines whenever he is in one place for more than a few days.

edit: got one more done tonight
Clint was a butcher. He left his business, and travels the open road in search of adventure. He is very scrupulous in his business dealings, perhaps because of an unsavory incident in his past. I was a little leery about a player making a character without using a template, but it seems to be working so far. This is sort of a one trick pony; he's built around Targeted Attack: Neck, basically, with extra striking strength, Weapon Bond, and Weapon Master. I cannot bring myself to feel that there are enchanted cleavers lying around in underground labyrinths, but we'll see.

Last edited by Dammann; 09-05-2012 at 04:25 AM. Reason: finished one more tonight
Old 09-05-2012, 10:57 AM   #1047
aesir23

Quote:

Reggie is an ogre martial artist. He was adopted by monks as an infant. He is not very bright, but he takes sifu's teachings very seriously, justifying every argument he makes with cryptic quotations that may or may not be accurate to what his master said. He worships his sifu as a god, building small shrines whenever he is in one place for more than a few days.
Reggie is a masterpiece. I've liked all of your models, but he just takes my breath away.

I'm also somewhat jealous of his player, that sounds like a fun character. How many points are the PCs?
aesir23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:40 PM   #1048
Dammann

Thanks! The characters are 250 (-75/-5). I felt like some more disads would be fun. My campaign has a little too much background to be DF proper, but makes too little sense to be anything else.

I almost turned Reggie's player away, given my somewhat crowded table. I can fit about five people in my living room in any comfort. I now have a potential ten people!

Edit: It occurs to me that I am the lucky one, here.

Last edited by Dammann; 09-05-2012 at 12:49 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:36 PM   #1049
Dammann

Powder is a wizard whose spells focus on electricity and healing (wizards can use healing college spells in my campaign). He is also an albino who deludedly thinks that being struck by lightning will make him more powerful. He is not in high school nor does he possess telepathy (although I think that he does have Apportation among his spells).
Old 09-06-2012, 11:32 AM   #1050
Anaraxes

And when these guys exchange steely glares with the ogres, they mean it literally.

I like the sense of style conveyed in these. Clean and simple turns out to be very effective. Most minis seem to try to earn their artist's keep with lots of fussy details.
Anaraxes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
art