Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 02-13-2012, 01:40 PM   #1
David Latapie

Default Injury Tolerance: Diffuse (Infiltration) + Stretching vs Flexibility

You know I love nanomorphs, so another questions about them:

If I take Injury Tolerance, Diffuse (Infiltration +40%) [140] and Stretching, is there some reason to also take any level in Flexibility ? Even the bonus in Erotic Art might be duplicated (I'd say might, because I don't want to start imagining the picture!)

Any input?
David Latapie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:27 PM   #2
Not another shrubbery

Default Re: Injury Tolerance: Diffuse (Infiltration) + Stretching vs Flexibility

I guess you might have the occasion to want the Climbing bonus.
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:16 AM   #3
B9anders

Default Re: Injury Tolerance: Diffuse (Infiltration) + Stretching vs Flexibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Latapie View Post
You know I love nanomorphs, so another questions about them:

If I take Injury Tolerance, Diffuse (Infiltration +40%) [140] and Stretching, is there some reason to also take any level in Flexibility ? Even the bonus in Erotic Art might be duplicated (I'd say might, because I don't want to start imagining the picture!)

Any input?
Infiltration is itself superior to Stretching+Double-Jointed for the purpose of seeping through cracks etc since Stretching is limited by level for SM it can thin itself to. And of course Diffuse characters can't be grappled in the first place so the bonus to escape is irrelevant.

There are a few instances where, according to the rules as written, you'd want Double-Jointed:

If you have no manipulators and constriction attack, you'll need double-jointed to make it work.

The bonus to erotic art and climbing.

Personally, I feel that Diffuse, especially with infiltration, ought to give these benefits anyway since it is basically a highly powered up version of double-jointed anyway.
B9anders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:03 PM   #4
David Latapie

And since Shapeshifting, Morph (Improvised Forms) basically allows to morph to an infiltration-ready form, this means one less advantage to buy - and so, a simpler design.

Improvised Forms > Infiltration > Double-Jointed

Thanks!
David Latapie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nanomorph