Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 04-26-2012, 02:15 PM   #271
ErhnamDJ

Default Re: [IC] The Streaker Fan Club (Weird Supers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguebfl View Post
"Um Streaker if they can intercept missiles can't then intercept other projectiles just as easily?"
"That depends on what 'intercept' means. I don't know of any way to remove the momentum from something moving as fast as I can get it. And I can shoot multiples at once. They might be able to stop it, but it would have to be maxing out their defenses. Maybe we could use that as suppressive fire, creating a window for us to send up a rocket."
ErhnamDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:31 PM   #272
zoncxs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErhnamDJ View Post
"That depends on what 'intercept' means. I don't know of any way to remove the momentum from something moving as fast as I can get it. And I can shoot multiples at once. They might be able to stop it, but it would have to be maxing out their defenses. Maybe we could use that as suppressive fire, creating a window for us to send up a rocket."
"Let's try and focus on getting more information and less on starting an intergalactic war. If they attack we will be ready. If they attack."
zoncxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:35 PM   #273
ErhnamDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoncxs View Post
"Let's try and focus on getting more information and less on starting an intergalactic war. If they attack we will be ready. If they attack."
Streaker thinks on this for a few hours, which comes to about five seconds in Golden Dragon time. "We need to begin preparations," she says. "For if we need to attack. How long do you think it would take for them to destroy us once they got it into their heads to do so? And from what I've seen, it doesn't look like we'll have any help from anyone else. And if what we just learned is true, then we may have the only means on this entire planet to initiate a surprise attack against them. If they don't know about me, or Fidelis here, then we have a very slight advantage. But once they start with the asteroids or tungsten rods or whatever they're going to do, then time's up. How much time do you estimate we have? Because I don't imagine that's a whole lot more time than it's going to take for Cee to make some sort of spaceship and to craft an aiming device for it usable by us and for us to get the lead or whatever we decide to use and to get that ready and aimable. And that's if we're very lucky."
Old 04-26-2012, 03:46 PM   #274
zoncxs

Quote:
Streaker thinks on this for a few hours, which comes to about five seconds in Golden Dragon time. "We need to begin preparations," she says. "For if we need to attack. How long do you think it would take for them to destroy us once they got it into their heads to do so? And from what I've seen, it doesn't look like we'll have any help from anyone else. And if what we just learned is true, then we may have the only means on this entire planet to initiate a surprise attack against them. If they don't know about me, or Fidelis here, then we have a very slight advantage. But once they start with the asteroids or tungsten rods or whatever they're going to do, then time's up. How much time do you estimate we have? Because I don't imagine that's a whole lot more time than it's going to take for Cee to make some sort of spaceship and to craft an aiming device for it usable by us and for us to get the lead or whatever we decide to use and to get that ready and aimable. And that's if we're very lucky."
"If they attack, we defend. I will not strike first! that is against everything I stand for. I don't care if no one else helps us, as long as we make an impact when they attack. that's all that matters. But my hands are not meant for attacking first."

He stands up looking at his fist.

"My masters trust me to protect the innocent. not to attack the wrong."
Old 04-26-2012, 03:51 PM   #275
ErhnamDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoncxs View Post
"If they attack, we defend. I will not strike first! that is against everything I stand for. I don't care if no one else helps us, as long as we make an impact when they attack. that's all that matters. But my hands are not meant for attacking first."
"When they attack, there will be no defense," Streaker says. "There will be only death." A pause, excruciating to her, but to make the point. "Would you attack first if one held a knife to Majokko's throat? Or would you wait until its blade had met her flesh?"
Old 04-26-2012, 03:55 PM   #276
zoncxs

Quote:
"When they attack, there will be no defense," Streaker says. "There will be only death." A pause, excruciating to her, but to make the point. "Would you attack first if one held a knife to Majokko's throat? Or would you wait until its blade had met her flesh?"

"I wouldn't kill. If you follow through with your plan, you would be killing every single life on those ships. I won't let anyone die, human or otherwise"
Old 04-26-2012, 08:34 PM   #277
LemmingLord

Golden Dragon "If they attack, we defend. I will not strike first! that is against everything I stand for. I don't care if no one else helps us, as long as we make an impact when they attack. that's all that matters. But my hands are not meant for attacking first."

"My masters trust me to protect the innocent. not to attack the wrong."[/QUOTE]

Golden Dragon Replies"I wouldn't kill. If you follow through with your plan, you would be killing every single life on those ships. I won't let anyone die, human or otherwise"

"A noble ideal. I hope there is a third option from our enlightened one," says Fidelis looking to Ameretat for answers.

Texting SIA - Streaker seeking allies to defeat alies. Do you have an op for her? She seems eager to attack on her own if no allies are found. Please advise.

Last edited by LemmingLord; 04-26-2012 at 08:43 PM.
LemmingLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:58 PM   #278
roguebfl
Dog of Lysdexics

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemmingLord View Post
Golden Dragon "If they attack, we defend. I will not strike first! that is against everything I stand for. I don't care if no one else helps us, as long as we make an impact when they attack. that's all that matters. But my hands are not meant for attacking first."

"My masters trust me to protect the innocent. not to attack the wrong."

Golden Dragon Replies"I wouldn't kill. If you follow through with your plan, you would be killing every single life on those ships. I won't let anyone die, human or otherwise"

"A noble ideal. I hope there is a third option from our enlightened one," says Fidelis looking to Ameretat for answers.

Texting SIA - Streaker seeking allies to defeat alies. Do you have an op for her? She seems eager to attack on her own if no allies are found. Please advise.
"I might not be in the big leagues when it comes to a physical power brawl, but a knife at my throat I can handle myself. But I get the metaphor

"Streaker if you think the is no hope if the Aliens get to fire, the please also take this in to consideration There are at least 12 big ships out there, many of which will have the Earth itself as a shield for any attack we could launch. Not counting lesser ships I have yet to fulling isolate form the 'noise' they are making in orbit. Would that not mean we only get one shot at this and can't afford to let any of them to get away?"
roguebfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:49 PM   #279
ErhnamDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguebfl View Post
"Would that not mean we only get one shot at this and can't afford to let any of them to get away?"
Streaker #2 says: "You're right, Majokko. For all we know they have an armada, thousands of ships, stationed at the asteroid belt awaiting our reply. But if that is the case, then we are all doomed. Unless earth has some new savior we have no knowledge of. It seems that the most we can hope to do is scare them away. It might be possible, but even that seems unlikely. There looks to be no hope. The most we could achieve is launching one of me onboard one of the alien ships and having me detonate myself on it. I could not do sufficient damage from here. I would need a capsule weighing less than a hundred pounds to protect me from my exit, and I doubt such is even possible. don't know if the lead ball I could launch would even survive the atmosphere. At those speeds, it might just explode on impact with the air."

Back in the apartment, Streaker Classic will say to Cee: "If I launch a two-hundred pound lead ball at seven hundred miles per second, what would be the result? Would it exit the atmosphere in one piece? Or would it hit the air and disintegrate? What would the results be here on the earth from what that does to the air? Is there some other substance we could make it out of that would be more suitable? Is this even possible to do? And if not, how about me launching another me in a capsule? Could any launch capsule survive those speeds? Rocket launches into space are much slower, aren't they? And would we have any way to decelerate me once in orbit, for the purpose of getting me on board one of the alien vessels?"
Old 04-26-2012, 09:54 PM   #280
roguebfl
Dog of Lysdexics

Quote:
Streaker #2 says: "You're right, Majokko. For all we know they have an armada, thousands of ships, stationed at the asteroid belt awaiting our reply. But if that is the case, then we are all doomed. Unless earth has some new savior we have no knowledge of. It seems that the most we can hope to do is scare them away. It might be possible, but even that seems unlikely. There looks to be no hope. The most we could achieve is launching one of me onboard one of the alien ships and having me detonate myself on it. I could not do sufficient damage from here. I would need a capsule weighing less than a hundred pounds to protect me from my exit, and I doubt such is even possible. don't know if the lead ball I could launch would even survive the atmosphere. At those speeds, it might just explode on impact with the air."
"I didn't mean there is no hope, I just mean we got to be careful about pulling that trigger until we have some coordinated effort in place that we think will work. Didn't someone once say something the art of diplomacy was saying 'nice doggie' long enough to find a big enough stick?"
roguebfl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weird supers