Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 02-19-2012, 02:26 PM   #61
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Default Re: Interpreting the Real World for IN

My own rule of thumb is that celestials only require the bathroom facilities if they've actually been eating/drinking ... and not always then.

When I was a little kid, before I knew about vacuum cleaner bags, I used to think that all the debris got burned inside the vacuum. It's possible that that's how a celestial's body works on food or drink ... the material simply gets converted into energy in a highly efficient manner. (I leave it up to sadistic GMs as to whether this causes any minor-league Disturbance, though it might explain why many celestials don't bother with the whole eating business.)

It is canon that celestials can get drugged, drunk or poisoned, but also that it requires an extremely high dose to do so. Likewise, it's canon that a celestial has much higher heat/cold tolerance than a mortal. Given that, I think a sweating celestial is pretty unlikely, except in extreme circumstances or cases of Discord. (This isn't necessarily a giveaway; some people really do sweat very little.) Which could lead to the interesting scenario of angels or demons carrying a "sweat" cologne to apply as appropriate, if a little bit of BO is important to keeping a cover.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:32 PM   #62
Rocket Man

An Ofanite of Creation plays as only she can. No staid concert halls for this one!

Old 02-26-2012, 06:22 PM   #63
Matthias Wasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix42 View Post
Nice one, I'd completely forgotten about the Mary sightings... Regarding your questions, we've had a few discussions at our table as well, but I would be interested in knowing how others deal with the question of vessel anatomy. Angels don't need to eat, obviously. But in the case that they do, do they require bathroom facilities? Several adventures and worldbooks point out that angels have to be reminded to go to the bathroom by their soldiers - does this also go for when they are actually eating? They can get drunk and hung over (though most would agree they shouldn't), but do (without having to go into too much detail) their bodies detoxify (and their bladders therefore react) like those of humans? And more to the point, regarding deodorant - sweat as such is basically only salt water, and therefore odourless, it's the presence of decomposition chemicals that result from bodily chemistry (especially digestion and cell respiration) that make it smell. So the question is - if angels (and demons) eat, do they digest? And does their sweat smell? I apologise for the ickyness of the subject...

So far, I have been waiving the question by basically giving most vessels the Gurps Sanitized Metabolism [1]. But it does strain credulity, especially when the Vapula servitors show up for a meal...
I'd devolve this to a question of individual Vessels - ones fashioned for a socially immersive mission will act maximally like real human bodies, while Malakite drive-by suits or the like dispense with all but the essentials. ("Charisma -1, never blinks.")
Matthias Wasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:46 AM   #64
Rocket Man

A servant of Jordi comes to the rescue.

Old 03-15-2012, 06:25 PM   #65
tHEhERETIC

Rickroll from Kobal (but aren't they all?)

Rick Astley meets Metallica
Old 05-01-2012, 04:31 PM   #66
robkelk
Untitled

Looks like Andre sent another Impudite to Earth for the first time...
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:34 PM   #67
robkelk
Untitled

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISNorden View Post
Kobal and Haagenti having their own brand of fun? (If you ask me, this place looks like Shared Tether material.)

http://news.yahoo.com/man-falls-ill-...195306231.html
I think the tether is leaning toward Dark Humor... considering it happened again.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:03 AM   #68
Phoenix42

If I ever get to go to LV, I really have to go to that place - I don't know whether some of you remember the poker sessions I mentioned that Lucifer holds with some select demon princes in my groups;
Imagine the following:
on the sixth of June, 1996, Lucifer invites Haagenti, Kobal and Saminga to a session in Vegas. After a few sessions involving a few hundred forces trading hands and a good couple of Shal Mari whisky, Kobal starts whining

Kobal: "Y'know guys, this place just isn't what it used to be..."
Saminga: "Yeah, no mob wars, no one being dumped in the desert..."
Haagenti *chugging through his nth bucket of undead piglet snouts*: "Ach rubbish, there's enough food and wastefulness here to feed even me! I love this joint..."
*Saminga and Kobal seethe silently*
Lucifer *laying down the perfect deck amid the silent screams of the souls changing hands*: "Gentlemen, might I make an observation...?"

A few days later... voila!
Phoenix42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 08:29 AM   #69
Phoenix42

Okay, news challenge: what's this?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...comm_ref=false
Phoenix42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:11 AM   #70
robkelk
Untitled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix42 View Post
That's what happens when a Shedite gets transferred from Lust to Gluttony, but doesn't get much of a briefing (or the wrong briefing - Andrealphus and Haagenti are Hostile to each other, after all) on what that means before being sent to Earth...

Last edited by robkelk; 05-27-2012 at 11:14 AM.

Tags
pop culture