Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2019, 04:37 AM   #11
Prince Charon
 
Prince Charon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Default Re: Dark Journeys -- GURPS Content Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptbutton View Post
It works for me with Firefox 70.0.1 (64-bit) on a Windows 7 machine.
Just went and checked. Today it works just fine, so apparently it was one of those weird problems that can be solved by turning the computer off and later turning it on again, without knowing what the actual problem was.
__________________
Warning, I have the Distractible and Imaginative quirks in real life.

"The more corrupt a government, the more it legislates."
-- Tacitus

Five Earths, All in a Row. Updated 9/20/2020: Frequently Asked Questions article has been posted.
Prince Charon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 07:19 AM   #12
evileeyore
Banned
 
evileeyore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 100 hurricane swamp
Default Re: Dark Journeys -- GURPS Content Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Charon View Post
Just went and checked. Today it works just fine, so apparently it was one of those weird problems that can be solved by turning the computer off and later turning it on again, without knowing what the actual problem was.
Probably cookies. Did you have some cookies between turning it on and off?
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 01:30 AM   #13
safisher
Gunnery Sergeant,
 Imperial Marines
Coauthor,
 GURPS High-Tech
 
safisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Default Re: Dark Journeys -- GURPS Content Posts

A new post, Napalm and Nagas. Featuring a discussion of conspiracy and dragons in the Vietnam War.
https://sfisher221.wixsite.com/darkj...palm-and-nagas
__________________
Buy my stuff on E23.
My GURPS blog, Dark Journeys, is here.
Fav Blogs: Doug Cole here , C.R. Rice's here, & Hans Christian Vortisch here.
safisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 11:43 AM   #14
RyanW
 
RyanW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Southeast NC
Default Re: Dark Journeys -- GURPS Content Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileeyore View Post
Probably cookies. Did you have some cookies between turning it on and off?
I find that oatmeal raisin works very well when internet browsing, but white chocolate macadamia is better for live streams.
__________________
RyanW
I order electronics just for the pure satisfaction of peeling that protective plastic film.
RyanW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 02:46 PM   #15
Sorenant
 
Sorenant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Default Re: Dark Journeys -- GURPS Content Posts

Under the 4-bore Blunderbuss, you listed Ball shot as Rcl 6. Is this correct? Seems odd given the similar Double/Triple Ball has Rcl 1, and unless I'm missing something this Rcl means nothing as the shot has RoF 1.
Sorenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 02:59 PM   #16
RyanW
 
RyanW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Southeast NC
Default Re: Dark Journeys -- GURPS Content Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorenant View Post
Under the 4-bore Blunderbuss, you listed Ball shot as Rcl 6. Is this correct? Seems odd given the similar Double/Triple Ball has Rcl 1, and unless I'm missing something this Rcl means nothing as the shot has RoF 1.
That's pretty standard for such weapons. Rcl 1 with multiple projectile loads and Rcl 6 or so with singular projectiles. Shotguns are generally written the same way.
__________________
RyanW
I order electronics just for the pure satisfaction of peeling that protective plastic film.
RyanW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 03:58 PM   #17
Sorenant
 
Sorenant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Default Re: Dark Journeys -- GURPS Content Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanW View Post
That's pretty standard for such weapons. Rcl 1 with multiple projectile loads and Rcl 6 or so with singular projectiles. Shotguns are generally written the same way.
Huh, never noticed that. I wonder what it's for, the description of recoil mentions "other rules" beside multiple hit with rapid fire, but I don't recall any such rule nor I found anything significant with a cursory check.
Sorenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 05:01 PM   #18
safisher
Gunnery Sergeant,
 Imperial Marines
Coauthor,
 GURPS High-Tech
 
safisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Default Re: Dark Journeys -- GURPS Content Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorenant View Post
Huh, never noticed that. I wonder what it's for, the description of recoil mentions "other rules" beside multiple hit with rapid fire, but I don't recall any such rule nor I found anything significant with a cursory check.
One way Rcl can come into play is with Enhanced Time Sense, etc.
__________________
Buy my stuff on E23.
My GURPS blog, Dark Journeys, is here.
Fav Blogs: Doug Cole here , C.R. Rice's here, & Hans Christian Vortisch here.
safisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 11:02 PM   #19
safisher
Gunnery Sergeant,
 Imperial Marines
Coauthor,
 GURPS High-Tech
 
safisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Default Re: Dark Journeys -- GURPS Content Posts

https://sfisher221.wixsite.com/darkj...tech-revisited

Here I explain how it came about that I co-wrote High-Tech with Hans Christian-Vortisch, and I talk about what's happened with the book since then and what I would change.
__________________
Buy my stuff on E23.
My GURPS blog, Dark Journeys, is here.
Fav Blogs: Doug Cole here , C.R. Rice's here, & Hans Christian Vortisch here.
safisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 11:36 PM   #20
Refplace
 
Refplace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Yukon, OK
Default Re: Dark Journeys -- GURPS Content Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by safisher View Post
https://sfisher221.wixsite.com/darkj...tech-revisited

Here I explain how it came about that I co-wrote High-Tech with Hans Christian-Vortisch, and I talk about what's happened with the book since then and what I would change.
Nice read! Added it to the High Tech entry in the Wiki.
__________________
Looking for group in my area
My GURPS official contributions Buying them lets us know you want more!
My GURPS fan contribution and blog:
REFPLace GURPS Landing Page
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
blog, blogs, guns, gurps, horror

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.