Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 05-10-2014, 02:33 PM   #61
tantric
Banned

Default Re: The World of Dreams

I have many recurring elements in my dream world. One is a phantom train station. In the dream, I see train tracks from a distance where there should be none. It's always a struggle to get to the tracks, but once there, there's something like a subway station. Only everything is very odd and generic - there are no signs and the ticket machine will take any coin. The train is a train to lala land - to weird worlds and planets and such. I've been aboard that train many times, and I'm still figuring it out. It seems you have to gamble in the bizarre games to get anything, and people sell and trade ideas and experiences (like the DMT elves). Only I always get booted from the train in some uselessly weird world - but one day, I'm going to figure it out - then we'll see, the Key to Out.

Don't get the wrong idea - most of my dreams are nightmares. Another common element is that my mother somehow survived her cancer, only it turned her into this evil creature that knows my as my mom would (like the sick sister in Pet Semetary). Yeah, nice.
tantric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 08:53 PM   #62
David Johnston2

Wolftapuses: An aquatic predator with a wolf-like head but tentacles for limbs.

Drillworms: Maggots that rapidly eat through any organic material, making them a nasty weapon when dropped from above onto wooden houses and wooden-hulled boats.

Trolls: Hairy very muscular little men. The hair on the top of their heads is the same as the hair on the rest of their body, not thick enough to be fur.

Last edited by David Johnston2; 08-02-2014 at 01:24 AM.
David Johnston2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 09:57 AM   #63
David Johnston2

Creatures that have the bodies of a man and a woman but no head above their shoulders. Instead the male body has a woman's head growing out of it's crotch and vice versa.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:24 AM   #64
Gold & Appel Inc

Giant robot battle! Cool! Cue subjective 20 seconds of elated gawking, and then subjective 20 minutes of nearly getting stepped on and/or crushed by falling debris before actually getting stepped on, followed by waking up in a cold sweat.
Gold & Appel Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 05:56 PM   #65
David Johnston2

Magically animated anthropoid piles of bricks that will sometimes pull one of their bricks off of their hind end to throw.
Old 10-31-2014, 11:25 AM   #66
David Johnston2

Selkies. (One male and three female)
Old 11-10-2014, 12:25 AM   #67
David Johnston2

A large underground room containing a set of men, each comatose and curled up in a fetal position. Or I should say, a man duplicated many times since they are all identical and at irregular intervals a new one appears out of nothing. I have no idea what that's about.
Old 11-13-2014, 08:54 PM   #68
NorthernWoodsman

A human-sized puppet made out of rags, scrap metal, bits of broken mannequins, and toy parts. This puppet is controlled by a boy who directs it to stalk and kill people who have upset or wronged him; the souls of the puppet's victims are trapped forever within a makeshift dollhouse full of miniature horrors.

I rarely have grotesque dreams or nightmares (that I remember anyway) but this one scared the hell out of me.
NorthernWoodsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 05:44 PM   #69
David Johnston2

A house that has a hidden panel in a closet that pops away to reveal a chute that goes down to a subterranean cafe hosted by a crazy man with a gun. Food's good, though.

Last edited by David Johnston2; 11-14-2014 at 08:24 PM.
Old 11-14-2014, 07:14 PM   #70
tantric
Banned

My subconscious *insists* that I went to an over summer smart kid program in school, when in fact I ditched it and went to spend the summer with relatives in DC (WHAT were they thinking, letting me roam the city in 7th grade?!?). I have dreams about it all the time, like some weird memory from an alternate world.
tantric is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dream