Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-22-2010, 05:46 PM   #191
Dwarf99

Default Re: What are practical uses for Erotic Art?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel Beth View Post
PMS is actually much less universal than people think --
sorry I needed sarcasm tags there.
Dwarf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 06:12 PM   #192
Gold & Appel Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel Beth View Post
PMS never made me interested in using the skill, that's for sure. More likely to use a Combat skill...
My comment was meant as a response to the thread title, not your post, sorry for being unclear. :]
Gold & Appel Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 11:01 AM   #193
Dwarf99

I have a habit of posting things that are tangential to the subject at hand... or at least I consider them tangential.
Dwarf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 11:41 AM   #194
whswhs

I don't know if this counts as "practical," but in my Foam of Perilous Seas campaign, one of the PCs paid a visit to Ezili on the fabled island of Guinée and was invited to join her in her private chambers, which were on the divine plane of Briah. Errol achieved a critical success on his Erotic Art roll. So I (a) described to the other players how the skies over the island lit up with all the colors of a Hollywood sunset and (b) described the appearance of a strange boatlike vessel with wings in the sky, which then started to glide down steeply. When one of the other PCs, Ismailos, used his mastery of the winds to ease its landing on the bay, one of its two passengers proved to be a tall, slender woman who gave her name as Amelia, thus leaving the mortal plane, Assiah, for the plane of legends, Yetzirah.

I hadn't specifically planned on any of this—in fact, I had concluded that I wouldn't be able to introduce Amelia conveniently—but it was too good an opportunity not to exploit. Of course, the players' first thought was that this was going to be Oceanic Airways Flight 815, which was what I had originally planned on, until it occurred to me that there was an even more iconic lost flight. . . .

Bill Stoddard
whswhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 12:47 PM   #195
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)

Awesome, Bill. Just Awesome.
Mark Skarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 06:52 PM   #196
whswhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Skarr View Post
Awesome, Bill. Just Awesome.
That player always complains about his dice rolls, but he's had more than his share of Awesome on Erotic Art, I must say.

Bill Stoddard
whswhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 08:22 PM   #197
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)

Again, not terribly practical . . ..

My character Ariel (The Crown Princess of Nightmares; yes, she was loosely based on the Randy Queen character/comic DarkChylde), became embroiled in some of her father’s dealings (Ariel is the illegitimate daughter of Morpheus, The King of Dreams and a mortal woman). She wound up “battling” her “younger” half-sister (who was still trying to kill her) and getting a critical success on her Erotic Art roll. Everyone who was asleep at the time had some very interesting, if pleasurable, dreams. And it did take the fight out of her half-sister. Back in the waking world, everyone she interacted with was oddly distracted by her for quite some time after the event.

(MonkeyFist has forbidden me from reading any of his Sandman collection until after all of Ariel’s stories have played out)
Mark Skarr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kromm explanation