Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 06-17-2018, 04:18 PM   #1
Tolenkar

Default Old Melee Map?

Does anyone have a .PDF of the old melee map. I still have the original booklet but somehow am missing the map. I have a lot of the ITL maps but want to do an original Melee combat.

Graciously,
Tolenkar
Old 06-17-2018, 05:08 PM   #2
JLV

Default Re: Old Melee Map?

Well, I have one, but I don't think I can share it unless Steve or Phil or somebody gives me permission...
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 07:05 PM   #3
Anaraxes

Perhaps a dumb question -- but why?

As I recall (without running downstairs to dig mine up) the map has no terrain. I can see wanting to have an original for collectors' reasons. But if you just want to play, then it's just a megahex map. At most you'd need the dimensions to have the proper wall around the combatants -- which you could get from any picture of the map.
Anaraxes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 09:17 PM   #4
Tolenkar

No not for collecting, just playing. The ITL large maps were a different shape and size and I just wanted to run through some arena combat using the right sized map. But, it looks like I don't need the Melee one since I did find something I had from a DCG game that is close enough. But, it doesn't have megahexes drawn on it.

Yours in arena combat,
Tolenkar
Old 06-17-2018, 09:48 PM   #5
Nebless

The map I'd like to see Steve offer would be the 4 from the 'pre-Gurps' Man to Man game. Indoor / outdoor settings, I still have part of one (what in heck happened way back when to just end up with part of one?) and have some fun memories of running TFT games on them.
Nebless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 09:59 PM   #6
Steve Jackson
President and EIC

Tolenkar - Rules of this forum prohibit posting of copyrighted material. Granted your request was trivial, so nobody is going to hit you with an infraction just for asking that ( I hereby decree :) ) but JLV's answer was according to forum rules, so please let it stand. In the meantime, you can play a good fight on any hex map. I was using dice as obstacles in my demos this week - very old school indeed.

Nebless - Interesting point. I will try to keep it in my brain. We have some idea for maplike items that you may enjoy, if stretch goals are made.
Steve Jackson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 05:55 AM   #7
Tolenkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jackson View Post
Tolenkar - Rules of this forum prohibit posting of copyrighted material. Granted your request was trivial, so nobody is going to hit you with an infraction just for asking that ( I hereby decree :) )
Ahhh! Noted. My apologies, and I appreciate the gentleness of the response. Anyway, I'll have another map soon, with the Legacy version!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jackson View Post
Nebless - Interesting point. I will try to keep it in my brain. We have some idea for maplike items that you may enjoy, if stretch goals are made.
This is exciting. "New" anything for TFT is just amazing to me. In fact, the whole re-focus on TFT is just making me, well... giddy. Last night, I cracked open a box with 40 years of TFT goodies and had a flood of memories that have been coming back. A bit of nostalgia is good every now and then. I'm sure it's having the same effect on Steve, and many others on this forum. I'm just so thankful TFT is finally back in the right hands.

Yours in giddiness,
Tolenkar
Old 06-18-2018, 12:40 PM   #8
JLV

Disregard -- Steve answered it himself... ;-)
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote