Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 11-06-2019, 06:53 PM   #21
Christopher R. Rice

Default Re: Paper Powers [Powers/Supers]

One of the characters for AEON was supposed to be a paper manipulating super, but it never quite got off the ground. Here's the excerpt from the file for what I and the player settled on.

Paper Manipulation
Source: Magical (-10%) or Super (-10%).
Focus: Paper.
You possess the ability to control, manipulate, and read paper in all of its forms, including books, cardboard, card stock, file folders, etc. – anything made from wood pulp. This is usually a magical or super power.

Talent
5 points
Abilities
Abilities that require existing paper has Accessibility, Requires Paper (-40%) and those that shape existing paper have Environmental, Paper (-60%).

Allies (Origami, paper cutouts, etc.), with Minion and either Summonable or Conjurable; Binding, but not with Unbreakable; Blessed, with Accessibility, Only Written Information (-40%); Control (Paper); Create (Paper); Detect, for Books, Paper, Paper Products, etc.; Flight; Gizmo, with Limited, Books Only (-40%); Healing, with Accessibility, Paper Only (-80%); Intuition, with Limited, Only written answers (-40%); Modular Ability, with Physical; Obscure (Hearing or Vision); Oracle (Written); Penetrating Vision, with Specific, Paper (-80%); Protected Power; Pyschometry, with Accessibility, Only Written Information (-40%); Super Memorization, with Limited, Mental Skills Only (-20%); Telekinesis, with Environmental (-60%); Walk on Air, with Environmental (-60%); Walk on Liquid, with Environmental (-60%); Wild Talent, with Accessibility, Only IQ-Based Skills (-20%).

Cutting or Impaling Attacks and Affliction with Armor Divisor and one of Agony or any painful Irritating Condition that represent blades are possible. Add Environmental, Paper (-60%) for attacks that manipulate existing paper.

Modifiers: Paper Manipulation. Paper Manipulation is usually either Magical (-10%) or Super (-10%).

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 07:17 PM   #22
awesomenessofme1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher R. Rice View Post
One of the characters for AEON was supposed to be a paper manipulating super, but it never quite got off the ground. Here's the excerpt from the file for what I and the player settled on.

Paper Manipulation
Source: Magical (-10%) or Super (-10%).
Focus: Paper.
You possess the ability to control, manipulate, and read paper in all of its forms, including books, cardboard, card stock, file folders, etc. – anything made from wood pulp. This is usually a magical or super power.

Talent
5 points
Abilities
Abilities that require existing paper has Accessibility, Requires Paper (-40%) and those that shape existing paper have Environmental, Paper (-60%).

Allies (Origami, paper cutouts, etc.), with Minion and either Summonable or Conjurable; Binding, but not with Unbreakable; Blessed, with Accessibility, Only Written Information (-40%); Control (Paper); Create (Paper); Detect, for Books, Paper, Paper Products, etc.; Flight; Gizmo, with Limited, Books Only (-40%); Healing, with Accessibility, Paper Only (-80%); Intuition, with Limited, Only written answers (-40%); Modular Ability, with Physical; Obscure (Hearing or Vision); Oracle (Written); Penetrating Vision, with Specific, Paper (-80%); Protected Power; Pyschometry, with Accessibility, Only Written Information (-40%); Super Memorization, with Limited, Mental Skills Only (-20%); Telekinesis, with Environmental (-60%); Walk on Air, with Environmental (-60%); Walk on Liquid, with Environmental (-60%); Wild Talent, with Accessibility, Only IQ-Based Skills (-20%).

Cutting or Impaling Attacks and Affliction with Armor Divisor and one of Agony or any painful Irritating Condition that represent blades are possible. Add Environmental, Paper (-60%) for attacks that manipulate existing paper.

Modifiers: Paper Manipulation. Paper Manipulation is usually either Magical (-10%) or Super (-10%).
What do those Walk on Liquid and Walk on Air abilities represent in this context?
awesomenessofme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 07:34 PM   #23
Christopher R. Rice

Using paper to walk on them if I remember correctly. This is from four years ago and the player quit before I could really dig into the character. I think this is on his blog somewhere (it was Humabout's blog Above The Flatline).

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
paper, power