Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 08-02-2022, 07:50 PM   #1241
ajardoor

Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
  • Any potential combatants other than the five skeletons?
  • Are the skeletons animated?
  • Can the skeletons possibly slip free of their chains?
  • Any potential magical hazards in the room?
  • What is the brown slime?
  • What are the dimensions of the room?
  • How many doors are there, and what are the positions of the doors?

Telrith's relevant skills are:

Thaumatology -14
Hazardous Materials (magical) -12
Occultism -13
Hidden Lore (Magical Items) -12
(OC: rolled in secret.)

Telrith realises that this was definitely an experiment to repair and strengthen corpses, probably for the sake of necromancy. The repeated skeletons are meant to test the concoction in the pot under various conditions or its general properties.

There are only five intact skeletons in the room and close to the ground that the elementalist can see...but he does not trust that pot to be safe. The manacles look secure and none of the skeletons are armed. They aren't moving on their own.

The room is 5 by 10 yards of area. Rectangular. There are no doors, the party just walked in. The room looks like a dead end, too.
Old 08-02-2022, 08:03 PM   #1242
vicious Violence

Vic looks carefully at the room. Rolls survival to check for dangers (rolled 8, skill level 14) and scrounging for the any weapons of use.

If the skeletons are not dangerous, he will destroy them.
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 06:45 PM   #1243
ajardoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicious Violence View Post
Vic looks carefully at the room. Rolls survival to check for dangers (rolled 8, skill level 14) and scrounging for the any weapons of use.

If the skeletons are not dangerous, he will destroy them.
(OC: Wrong skills. Roll Observation, not Survival. Roll Search, not Scrounging.)

Vic the Digger finds no weapons of use except small stones, unless he wants to use the boiling liquid.

He wrecks the skeletons without incident. They weren't animated. He notices that a sixth pair of manacles is empty. Perhaps they couldn't find more dead bodies for experiments?
Old 08-03-2022, 07:17 PM   #1244
Hide

Upon noticing the smell, Bain pours water in a piece of cloth and wraps it around his face, to protect himself from the odor and the gases. He thanks Telrith and Vic for their efforts and carefully checks for traps (14+1) 9, he also takes a good look at the surroundings searching for clues or leads about the potential enemies (using his power to illuminate the room as if it was a lantern) with observation (13) 7 and tracking (12+1) 9. For this purpose, he takes Mihrimah with him (so she learns how to do it, and maybe she can help with her sight and with searching). Finally, Bain also tries to sense the energy in the surroundings but doesn't perceive anything, so he asks the experts:

Hey Gathika, Kinclad... What can you tell us about this place, also, do you detect anything unusual in this place?
Old 08-03-2022, 09:52 PM   #1245
ajardoor

Much to Bain's relief, he does not find any traps in the room. The floor of the room definitely has recent tracks from a humanoid creature, one wearing shoes or boots. Bain also realizes the pot of boiling brown liquid contains something else than just the gunk. Whatever is in there, it stirs a little whenever someone comes near it.
Old 08-05-2022, 09:04 AM   #1246
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Telrith would like to look at the bubbling liquid closer, to determine if it (or its pot) might be valuable or in what ways it might be dangerous. He asks that the team be ready for combat if necessary.

Telrith's relevant skills are:

Thaumatology -14
Hazardous Materials (magical) -12
Occultism -13
Hidden Lore (Magical Items) -12

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 11:18 AM   #1247
PumpkinLorica

Gathika looks at Telrith and says COMARDE, I SENSE the works of the dark forces here OWO, I WILL CHECK THIS and you check chems.

Hidden lore demons 14/5.
Hidden lore magic items 14/11.
Hidden lore elder things 15+1/15.
Occultism 14/9.
Thaumatology 14/8.
Old 08-05-2022, 09:56 PM   #1248
ajardoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Telrith would like to look at the bubbling liquid closer, to determine if it (or its pot) might be valuable or in what ways it might be dangerous. He asks that the team be ready for combat if necessary.
That was a bad idea. As Telrith examines the pot of brown mix, a skeleton bursts out of the liquid to try to grab him!

Telrith idly wonders for a microsecond if the skeleton was inside the pot to test what the effects of full immersion in the liquid would be, before the boney hands drenched in red hot wetness get up in his personal space.

(OC: surprise attack!...and a critical failure!)
Fortunately, the undead servitor is clumsy and mistimed. It went from a fetal position in the pot to standing upright too fast. It flails a bit and knocks it right arm against the side of the pot hard enough to break it.

(OC: 1 injury, -1 to all attacks and defenses until next turn, -1 to attacks with right arm until injury heals. Technically, combat time has started, but Telrith gets to act first this time.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PumpkinLorica View Post
Gathika looks at Telrith and says COMARDE, I SENSE the works of the dark forces here OWO, I WILL CHECK THIS and you check chems.

Hidden lore demons 14/5.
Hidden lore magic items 14/11.
Hidden lore elder things 15+1/15.
Occultism 14/9.
Thaumatology 14/8.
Gathika thinks it over, and turns up a blank. No doubt the experiments here were done by a necromancer, trying to make a better undead servitor...

Then her train of thought is interrupted by the skeleton menacing Telrith.
Old 08-06-2022, 11:07 AM   #1249
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Telrith swings at the thing and misses! (stupid 15)

I presume the rest of the party listened when he said to be ready for a fight?

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 11:17 AM   #1250
vicious Violence

Vic will heroic charge with a strike to the vitals in aid of his bro-in-arms. He is successful in his strike (rolled 8, sl 16). The enemy rolls 9 for defense. If Vic connects the strike, he will do up to 27 damage, imp.

What's a brewin'!??
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dfrpg, dungeon fantasy, magic, martial arts, riddle of steel, sharpshooter, sierra hotel adventurers, spells, swordlogic