Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2010, 11:48 PM   #1
Toledominator
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Default Questions of a Hardcore Munchkin(er)

My friends and I play Munchkin quite frequently as it is one of our favorite games. Here are the questions we've compiled that we have not yet found answers to in the rules:

1. If a monster enhancer is played on a monster, and that monster is then charmed by a wizard, does the wizard receive the extra treasure that the monster enhancing card awards for "defeating" the monster?

[Moderator: We only allow a single question, or group of very closely related questions, per thread, as explained in this post. Accordingly, your other questions have been deleted. You're welcome to re-ask them in new threads if you would like. You may also want to read the rules more closely and read the Munchkin FAQ.]

These are the few I can think up off of the top of my head, I'm sure I will have more in the future. If anyone knows the answer to any of these please fill me in, I would really like to know.

Last edited by Andrew Hackard; 12-19-2010 at 12:02 AM.
Toledominator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 12:03 AM   #2
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor
 
Andrew Hackard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Default Re: Questions of a Hardcore Munchkin(er)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toledominator View Post
1. If a monster enhancer is played on a monster, and that monster is then charmed by a wizard, does the wizard receive the extra treasure that the monster enhancing card awards for "defeating" the monster?
Yes. The rules clearly define what "defeating" means, and a Wizard's charm falls under that definition.
__________________
Andrew Hackard, Munchkin Line Editor
#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23

Let people like what they like.
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 12:13 AM   #3
Toledominator
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Default Re: Questions of a Hardcore Munchkin(er)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
Yes. The rules clearly define what "defeating" means, and a Wizard's charm falls under that definition.
Well thank you for the answer I suppose you could have just blown me off entirely and just redirected me to the rules/FAQ as you did for my other inquiries. My apologies for violating the forum policies. I assumed this was a social information platform where I could ask questions, get answers, and discuss. It appears to be much more srs.
Toledominator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 08:33 AM   #4
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor
 
Andrew Hackard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Default Re: Questions of a Hardcore Munchkin(er)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toledominator View Post
I assumed this was a social information platform where I could ask questions, get answers, and discuss. It appears to be much more srs.
I'm sorry that the impression I gave was blowing you off. I was attempting to point you at some resources you might find useful. (Including the policies for this forum, which were put into place for good reasons, quite some time ago. It really does help us, down the road, when people use descriptive subject lines and keep themselves to a single topic in a thread -- because we DO refer to them to make sure our rulings are consistent.)
__________________
Andrew Hackard, Munchkin Line Editor
#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23

Let people like what they like.
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 11:20 PM   #5
Toledominator
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Default Re: Questions of a Hardcore Munchkin(er)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
I'm sorry that the impression I gave was blowing you off. I was attempting to point you at some resources you might find useful. (Including the policies for this forum, which were put into place for good reasons, quite some time ago. It really does help us, down the road, when people use descriptive subject lines and keep themselves to a single topic in a thread -- because we DO refer to them to make sure our rulings are consistent.)
That's fair enough, I wasn't trying to come across rude I just found it peculiar that you would only address one question per thread, thank you for explaining though I understand and I apologize for not reading the forum rules/guidelines/anything before posting. I do however have another question that I think fall under a similar category as my prior question so I'll go ahead and ask it:

I noticed that the wizard card that is linked as an example card on this website specifies that a wizard must have a minimum of three cards to charm a monster when discarding his/her hand. This however is not written on any of my wizard cards. Is this because I have an older edition, a misprint on the website, or are there some wizard cards that are just different?
Toledominator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 11:59 PM   #6
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor
 
Andrew Hackard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Default Re: Questions of a Hardcore Munchkin(er)

It's because we changed the Wizard this year, and you have an older printing.
__________________
Andrew Hackard, Munchkin Line Editor
#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23

Let people like what they like.
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 08:14 AM   #7
Maru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lynnwood Washington
Default Re: Questions of a Hardcore Munchkin(er)

I have a question that's similar to the first one,

When someone else is fighting a monster can a wizard charm It away? So that the other player doesn't gain the winning level, Even If the wizard wasn't a part of the combat, And would the person originally fighting the monster get the treasure?

It's how I've been playing so far.
Maru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 08:25 AM   #8
MunchkinMan
 
MunchkinMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Macungie, PA
Default Re: Questions of a Hardcore Munchkin(er)

Hmmm. From the FAQ:

Q. Can a wizard use his charm ability if he's not involved in the combat?
A. No. The card says this is something he may do instead of fighting a monster. It's not for interfering with others' fights, so the Wizard in question must be the munchkin who opened the door or is helping.
__________________
Erik D. Zane
Munchkin NetRep -- munchkin@sjgames.com
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 10:09 AM   #9
Maru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lynnwood Washington
Default Re: Questions of a Hardcore Munchkin(er)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchkinMan View Post
Hmmm. From the FAQ:

Q. Can a wizard use his charm ability if he's not involved in the combat?
A. No. The card says this is something he may do instead of fighting a monster. It's not for interfering with others' fights, so the Wizard in question must be the munchkin who opened the door or is helping.
Err, Sorry I should of looked there before asking.
Maru is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
charm, wizard

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.