Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 02-26-2016, 08:24 AM   #1
Dark Archon

Default Extra Attack - extra maneuver?

Can I make a Move maneuver and then make an Attack, if I have Extra Attack advantage? If not, why does in says in description: "Extra Attack is exactly that: an extra Attack maneuver on your turn in combat."?
Dark Archon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 08:30 AM   #2
Cybren

Default Re: Extra Attack - extra maneuver?

Extra attack allows you to make an additional attack whenever you choose a maneuver that lets you make any number of attacks. It doesn't grant you additional capital-M Maneuvers each turn. That would be Altered Time Rate (notice the cost disparity!)
Cybren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 08:36 AM   #3
roguebfl
Dog of Lysdexics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Archon View Post
Can I make a Move maneuver and then make an Attack, if I have Extra Attack advantage? If not, why does in says in description: "Extra Attack is exactly that: an extra Attack maneuver on your turn in combat."?
No you can not. it's been clarified in both the FAQ and in Martial Arts that it only provides attacks on Maneuvers that already provide an attack. Though they admit the wording in Basic set wasn't as clear as it could have been.

To probably use the word manuver to make sure you knew you could swap the attack action for other attack action like a feint.
roguebfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 08:40 AM   #4
Ulzgoroth

To be clear, despite the text, Extra Attack does not provide an extra Maneuver of any kind.

It lets you take an additional attack in Maneuvers that allow you to attack. That's it.
Old 02-26-2016, 09:58 AM   #5
evileeyore
Banned

Though there are ways to get 'around' that limitation. So far the only "Kromm Approved" method is to make it a Riposte style counter-attack following a defense... but on the next page of the thread I discuss the possibility of a Stop Hit style Extra Attack.

And in some other thread somewhere (which I cannot find) there was discussion on Enhancements that would allow Extra Attack on non-Attack Maneuvers, but we never came to a firm conclusion on it's cost or worthiness...
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 10:17 AM   #6
T.K.

As many already replied, Extra Attack on basic has a poor wording. If you have it, check the description on Martial and Kromm posts for much better understanding.
T.K. is offline   Reply With Quote