Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 07-11-2018, 02:29 PM   #31
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy Companion PDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm View Post
Kind of. I've been wanting to create at least one official town for Dungeon Fantasy – with or without "GURPS" in front – for ages. I found the opening to do so just recently, but the fully formed supplement didn't just spring into my head overnight . . . the possibility of supporting the Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game with something like this was the creative seed.
And of course, Caverntown was the model for "Town" that I used when I wrote up an explicitly Dungeon Fantasy RPG town for Hall of Judgment. Isfjall ("Ice Mountain") is 20 pages of a 128-page book. There's plenty of meat on them-there bones for the Dungeon Fantasy RPG in-town adventures (something that Mike Mearls even asked for in the DFRPG Kickstarter! Yes, THAT Mike Mearls.) as well.
DouglasCole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 02:57 PM   #32
evileeyore
Banned

Quote:
Kind of. I've been wanting to create at least one official town for Dungeon Fantasy – with or without "GURPS" in front – for ages. I found the opening to do so just recently, but the fully formed supplement didn't just spring into my head overnight . . . the possibility of supporting the Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game with something like this was the creative seed.
I refuse to believe that Caverntown didn't spring forth your head as Athena from Zeus' brow...
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 02:23 AM   #33
tbone

Quote:
Turn to p. 1 (the title page) of Dungeon Fantasy Adventurers. There you will see this credit:
Special thanks to Kickstarter backers JOHNNY DIBERT and ANDRE TROCHE for providing likenesses of themselves for the illustrations on p. 12 and p. 21, respectively!
Ah, yes, the fine print! And a special reward delivered as promised – very cool.

On p21, I don't know which of the three fellows depicted is the backer (probably not the barely visible dwarf). Kind of funny that it's that illustration, though, as every time I pass it, the roguish caped fellow reminds me of someone famous. Bill Maher, I think.

(Oddly, even though I wasn't a backer at the "get illustrated" level, I still got a life-like cameo in the book. Adventurers p5, that leaping goblin with the steak knives. Where'd you guys get my photo??)

Back to topics at hand: Caverntown. Purchased. Delightful. More, please! (And looking ahead, Town Adventures remains a great idea for a DF/DFRPG book. That'll complete the coverage of Dungeon, Wilderness, and Town, the Big Three classic FRPG backdrops.)

Twitter: @Gamesdiner | RSS: here ⬅︎ Updated RSS link | This forum: Site updates thread (occasionally updated)

(Latest goods on site: GLAIVE Mini levels up to v2.4. Update to melee weapon design tool, with more example weapons and commentary.)
tbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 06:38 AM   #34
Rasputin

Quote:
Kind of. I've been wanting to create at least one official town for Dungeon Fantasy – with or without "GURPS" in front – for ages.
May there be more time for a supplement not tied to a specific location, like GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 16. Mearls’s vote brought to mind that there really haven’t been many good RPG supplements for this. Most are of the kind for telling you how many cobblers are in town but not how to buy a custom sword or find out how much can get for that dragon carcass before the economy stops yielding cash.

My GURPS blog.
Rasputin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 06:54 AM   #35
Kromm
GURPS Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileeyore View Post

I refuse to believe that Caverntown didn't spring forth your head as Athena from Zeus' brow...
So basically you want me to have holes in my head. Because Caverntown is a big hole in a mountain. Uh-oh . . .
Kromm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 06:58 AM   #36
Kromm
GURPS Line Editor

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone View Post
Back to topics at hand: Caverntown. Purchased. Delightful. More, please! (And looking ahead, Town Adventures remains a great idea for a DF/DFRPG book. That'll complete the coverage of Dungeon, Wilderness, and Town, the Big Three classic FRPG backdrops.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
May there be more time for a supplement not tied to a specific location, like GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 16. Mearls’s vote brought to mind that there really haven’t been many good RPG supplements for this. Most are of the kind for telling you how many cobblers are in town but not how to buy a custom sword or find out how much can get for that dragon carcass before the economy stops yielding cash.
To a certain extent, most of the rules that would go into GURPS Dungeon Fantasy X: Town Adventures are already in either GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Setting: Caverntown or GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 17: Guilds (with a few snippets in GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 10: Taverns). I'm not sure to what extent the market would support a rehash.
Old 07-12-2018, 09:33 AM   #37
Rasputin

Quote:
To a certain extent, most of the rules that would go into GURPS Dungeon Fantasy X: Town Adventures are already in either GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Setting: Caverntown or GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 17: Guilds (with a few snippets in GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 10: Taverns). I'm not sure to what extent the market would support a rehash.
Sounds like time for me to dust off an old Pyramid submission and rework it. It was rejected due to upcoming publications, which meant DF17.

My GURPS blog.
Rasputin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 05:42 PM   #38
zoncxs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone View Post
Ah, yes, the fine print! And a special reward delivered as promised – very cool.

On p21, I don't know which of the three fellows depicted is the backer (probably not the barely visible dwarf). Kind of funny that it's that illustration, though, as every time I pass it, the roguish caped fellow reminds me of someone famous. Bill Maher, I think...
I don't think I look like Bill Maher, but hey, I'll take it anyway!
zoncxs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 06:49 AM   #39
Kromm
GURPS Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoncxs View Post

I don't think I look like Bill Maher, but hey, I'll take it anyway!
Hey, the last time I was compared to someone in the news, the person making the comparison chose a serial killer.