Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 12-20-2018, 04:09 PM   #51
Gwythaint

Default Re: DF Implied Cosmology

I certainly run one of those more transitional games, where town is an adventuring locale. My elder things have a variety of reactions to delvers; One Joe Squidface in particular, motivated by Curiosity -15 has been trailing around with a group... partly because at one point five of them had weirdness magnet. At the same time there is a cult of an elder death god that is summoning any damn thing that can disrupt the natural order, from demons to other elder things. Still again, the megadungeon in my game has rival factions of elder things, Dark Ones, and The People of the Pit (base on the A. Merrit story)... But then my game has pre-DF origins, and had many plagiarisms from Classic Fantasy, including initial inclusion of real-world religion, which has been largely downplayed. A recent plague that greatly diminished the population resulted in a rise in atheism; If all of the gods are real, and can heal, then why bother with any of them in particular? Perhaps because the city's bureaucracy is run by priests of Hades (Law, Earth, Death) and are kinda intrusive. They also try to regulate the goings on of out of pantheon divine entities...

Visit my GURPS DF blog here
and my pbp game here
Gwythaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 10:36 PM   #52
roguebfl
Dog of Lysdexics

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinl View Post
Natural power seems to have little in the way of morality other than SoD: Nature. Despite this common SoD, they are not razing Civilization to the ground.
SOD (Nature) isn't about Hating Civilisation, it very much in line with Druids like Getafix who is very much a member of civilisation, who goal is seeing his community is in harmony with nature. it includes land husbandry for farming, protecting from soil erosion etc.
roguebfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 10:49 PM   #53
roguebfl
Dog of Lysdexics

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinl View Post
Lots of stuff is "truly evil" which seems to mostly mean that you shouldn't try to ever cut a deal with it, and is a qualifier for certain powers to work against it. Seen it apply to Evilies AND Squiddies.
Nah with Evil there is a Deal on table which can be Good says should a temptation resistant. But with Squid there no deal in the offering.
roguebfl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cosmology, gebs, gods, primordial entities, squid