Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2019, 02:56 PM   #91
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Default Re: Car Wars Sixth Edition

Thanks. We want to make it possible for everyone to play the game. There are minimum costs involved, but we thought it worth exploring a way to craft a two-player option to create as inexpensive an entry into the game as possible.
Old 10-09-2019, 12:03 AM   #92
schoon

A reasonably priced entry point will be key for interesting new players in the game - both during the KS and after.

I suspect anyone reading this thread already knows that this will be an important factor in the long-term health of the system.
Old 10-09-2019, 05:06 AM   #93
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoon View Post
A reasonably priced entry point will be key for interesting new players in the game - both during the KS and after.

I suspect anyone reading this thread already knows that this will be an important factor in the long-term health of the system.
Stopping rumors before they start.

The two-player options will _not_ be offered outside of the Kickstarter campaign. The two-player option has been devised for the Kickstarter campaign, possibly Warehouse 23 if there are extras left after fulfillment, but definitely not retail sale.
Old 10-09-2019, 09:05 AM   #94
Celjabba

A friend is asking if there will be an offer without mini nor playmat (only the rules, cards, tokens and turning key) ?

Or is the 2 player box the closest ?

Seem he already have lots of minis and previous CW editions, and given international shipping...

Thanks
Old 10-09-2019, 10:17 AM   #95
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celjabba View Post
A friend is asking if there will be an offer without mini nor playmat (only the rules, cards, tokens and turning key) ?
We are not offering the rules, cards, and other bits as separate items. Older Car Wars titles are not compatible with Car Wars Sixth Edition.
Old 10-09-2019, 10:38 AM   #96
xj-boonie

Curious question and I may have missed this, but one can create custom cars in 6th edition, correct?
Old 10-09-2019, 11:18 AM   #97
juris

Seems like the price for 6e will mirror X-wing. The starter set for 2e X-wing (X-wing and two Tie-fighters) is about $32.00 on Amazon).
Old 10-09-2019, 11:39 AM   #98
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xj-boonie View Post
Curious question and I may have missed this, but one can create custom cars in 6th edition, correct?
The game includes car design rules, yes. Expansions offer up more weapon and accessory cards.
Old 10-09-2019, 11:53 AM   #99
MazeMonster
Banned

How much playtesting has been done with match-ups of the stock vehicles? I always liked the kind of game balance that the tournament ships in SFB offered. Will the stock vehicles in 6th Edition perform similarly?
Old 10-09-2019, 12:02 PM   #100
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MazeMonster View Post
How much playtesting has been done with match-ups of the stock vehicles? I always liked the kind of game balance that the tournament ships in SFB offered. Will the stock vehicles in 6th Edition perform similarly?
There are no stock vehicles in the core game. There are suggested card mixes in expansions, but nothing is locked and vehicle design only takes a few moments.
Closed Thread