Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Board and Dice Games

Old 01-13-2010, 01:42 PM   #1
Aahz

Default Frag Questions

I've just started playing Frag Gold Edition and I need to verify a couple of rules...

Concerning leftovers, the rules state that "[t]he fragged fighter is replaced by a blood counter and (probably) a weapon counter. Both are placed in his square before the attacker’s turn continues. Anyone entering that square may pick up ONE counter, but not both." Should the last sentence end with in a single turn? For example, can a player enter the square, pick up the blood counter, leave the square, re-enter the square and pick up a weapon? Additionally, what if the leftovers are on a power up square? Can you pick up a leftover counter AND roll for a new weapon/gadget? I have been ruling that the player may only pick up one item from a square per turn, whether it is a blood counter, leftover weapon, or power up.

When a player respawns, does he get to draw any additional cards? I don't believe so, but there is still a question in my mind...

Thanks!
Kerry
Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I was an ant, and she fell on me. Then it wouldn't seem quite so funny. - J. Handey
Aahz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 02:36 PM   #2
PK

Default Re: Frag Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
I've just started playing Frag Gold Edition and I need to verify a couple of rules...

Concerning leftovers, the rules state that "[t]he fragged fighter is replaced by a blood counter and (probably) a weapon counter. Both are placed in his square before the attacker’s turn continues. Anyone entering that square may pick up ONE counter, but not both." Should the last sentence end with in a single turn? For example, can a player enter the square, pick up the blood counter, leave the square, re-enter the square and pick up a weapon? Additionally, what if the leftovers are on a power up square? Can you pick up a leftover counter AND roll for a new weapon/gadget? I have been ruling that the player may only pick up one item from a square per turn, whether it is a blood counter, leftover weapon, or power up.
Yes, it should say "in a single turn". You can't go back and forth over the same square to pick up multiple things.

And if it's dropped on a power-up, you have to choose whether you want the power-up (roll for it, of course), the blood spatter, or any dropped weapons. The general rule is that you can only pick up one thing from any one given square in a single turn.

Quote:
When a player respawns, does he get to draw any additional cards? I don't believe so, but there is still a question in my mind...
Nope! Use what you've got. And if you've got nothing, better race to some power-ups quickly. :)

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frag, respawn