Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Character Assistant

Old 01-26-2012, 08:35 PM   #231
tmedwards

Default Re: Updated / New Character Sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplesnit42 View Post
So, one question - how do I access the options for Phoenix? I have them DL'ed into the "sheets" file, now I need to figure out how to import them so I can use them. Can anyone help?
Are you talking about the exported sheet profiles file included with Phoenix? If so, then:
  1. Open the Character Sheet Options window in GCA.
  2. Select a Phoenix sheet profile. If you haven't created any named profiles, you'll only see the default profile, which is the same as the sheet's filename.
  3. Open the Import Profile Settings window by clicking on the Import from File icon – second from the right, looks like the Sheet Options icon with a folder over top of it.
  4. Select the phoenix-profiles.ini file.
  5. Choose one of the included exported profiles to import into the Phoenix profile you selected in step 2.
Done.

GCA4 resources: GCA Repository, Phoenix (r66), GMCS (2.17), Bookish (r12)
tmedwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:39 PM   #232
purplesnit42

Many thanks. :-)
purplesnit42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 04:45 PM   #233
arbusto

I have a few questions.

1) can the default character sheet or phoenix display the text of an advantage like fit or high pain threshold?

2) on the default sheet, the skill level of spells didn't print. I'm not seeing a spells table. For example, it's only showing ranged spells in the ranged weapons table but not showing the appropriate skill though GCA is on the spells page.

3) in phoenix, is there a way to make so there's not all that white space on the right side?
arbusto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 05:07 PM   #234
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbusto View Post
1) can the default character sheet or phoenix display the text of an advantage like fit or high pain threshold?
As in the descriptive text from the book? No. That information is not available in GCA, so cannot be displayed on any of the character sheets. You could manually add the text by pasting it into the User Notes section of the Edit window then set the sheet options (Tools -> Character Sheet Options) to print user notes (I'm not sure if charactersheet can do this, but I know Phoenix can).

Quote:
2) on the default sheet, the skill level of spells didn't print. I'm not seeing a spells table. For example, it's only showing ranged spells in the ranged weapons table but not showing the appropriate skill though GCA is on the spells page.
Spells should print under the skill section, as a separate listing. If they're not check out the sheet options (Tools -> Character Sheet Options) to make sure you didn't hide them under the Skill Item Options section of charactersheet.gcs

The skill listed on the weapons table is the skill used to hit with the spell - that is, some variant of the Innate Attack skill, usually Innate Attack (Projectile). You can print a Grimoire separately using the Grimoire.gcs sheet. Phoenix includes a Grimoire.

Quote:
3) in phoenix, is there a way to make so there's not all that white space on the right side?
Here you should look into the Sheet Options (Tools -> Character Sheet Options) and see about rearranging the blocks as you desire.
Kaboom-baya.
ericbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 05:56 PM   #235
arbusto

Thanks for your response.

1) I'll start using more notes
2) It must be the grimoire that's not showing up. The spells are being listed in skills with a number like 4. But the actual skill the character has is something like 16. Ranged attacks are showing 8. But Phoenix does shows it correctly for me. Leading me to...
3) Thanks for the tip on this. I didn't look enough at the "column switching" options there. And that has fixed it. So I'll be using that.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:20 PM   #236
arbusto

Alright, I think this should be my last question. I have everything else figured out (I think/hope).

Using phoenix, the DR table isn't showing the DR values even though I have armor that gives a DR. What obvious thing am I missing this time? I'm starting to feel really dumb.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:25 PM   #237
tmedwards

Quote:
Using phoenix, the DR table isn't showing the DR values even though I have armor that gives a DR.
Open the Protection window (shield icon on toolbar, also: View menu > Protection) and go to the Apply Armor tab, then apply the armor you want to be shown on character sheets.

Old 01-30-2012, 08:45 PM   #238
arbusto

There it is!

Thank you. I knew it was something simple but I couldn't find it.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:04 PM   #239
tmedwards

Announcing Phoenix r52 (requires GCA 4.0.419 or later).

Phoenix is always available from: http://www.motoslave.net/thom/gca/phoenix/

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Phoenix r52 highlights:
  • Added support for the sortkey() tag to all of the list-type blocks. The sortkey() tag may be used to force a specific ordering to traits within the list-type blocks. Note, however, that it does not work with descendant traits (package kids and group children).

Old 02-01-2012, 04:48 PM   #240
tmedwards

This isn't a sheet release, but it is Phoenix related. I just added a new, and long overdue, Tag Help page to the Phoenix section of my website, so I figured that I'd point it out.