Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 04-02-2013, 04:06 PM   #1
marsgreekgod

Default Changing helpers question /running helper queston

I have a helper in a fight, (he already agreed to help and we where fighting together ) but he was no longer a helper (I forgot what card stopped it) And another player said that because I had a helper at one point, I couldn't have any more helpers for this fight, even though he wasn't helping any more. Is this right?

Latter on, I asked for help in a fight, and someone did, then before the fight even started, he said he ran away (and gained an item because it), and further when to say I could not get any helpers because I had one before (as my first question) (If it's not clear, then he run away mid combat while I was about to still fight)

I was under the understanding you can only run away if you are losing a fight, was I wrong?

Last edited by marsgreekgod; 04-02-2013 at 04:16 PM.
marsgreekgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:16 PM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Changing helpers question /running helper queston

You can only have one helper at a time, but if a card sends a helper away, you can get a new one since you no longer have a helper. Of course, if the card that sends your helper away says something different, you need to follow the card's text.

As for Running Away, only the player whose turn it is can decide when it's time to Run Away, and, even then, you must be losing the combat in order to do that. Your helper can't choose to Run Away on his own. Ever. It will always take a card to somehow force a helper out of combat.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:18 PM   #3
marsgreekgod

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchkinMan View Post
You can only have one helper at a time, but if a card sends a helper away, you can get a new one since you no longer have a helper. Of course, if the card that sends your helper away says something different, you need to follow the card's text.

As for Running Away, only the player whose turn it is can decide when it's time to Run Away, and, even then, you must be losing the combat in order to do that. Your helper can't choose to Run Away on his own. Ever. It will always take a card to somehow force a helper out of combat.
Ok then, thanks

Is there any way... I can like prove this to him? He's in the room and says a forum proves nothing.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:30 PM   #4
tremorlaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsgreekgod View Post
Ok then, thanks

Is there any way... I can like prove this to him? He's in the room and says a forum proves nothing.
The forum proves EVERYTHING when either MunchkinMan or Andrew Hackard say it is.

Future site of Griffon Gaming
tremorlaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:59 PM   #5
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

MunchkinMan is Erik Zane, who was named by Steve Jackson to be the Munchkin rules guru and designated question-answerer way back in the early 2000s. Any answer he gives IS official unless he says otherwise.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:14 PM   #6
marsgreekgod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
MunchkinMan is Erik Zane, who was named by Steve Jackson to be the Munchkin rules guru and designated question-answerer way back in the early 2000s. Any answer he gives IS official unless he says otherwise.
Ok, thanks
Old 04-02-2013, 08:09 PM   #7
MunchkinMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
I wish people would read my signature. Don't you think the e-mail address of munchkin@sjgames.com should mean something? :-)
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:30 PM   #8
marsgreekgod

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchkinMan View Post
I wish people would read my signature. Don't you think the e-mail address of munchkin@sjgames.com should mean something? :-)
Sorry

Also thank you for your time and any part you played in making and helping munchkin