Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 08-07-2017, 08:02 PM   #81
Friendpmcii

Default Re: Lost in Dreams (Michael)

After being stumped for a few moments just trying to figure out how to say this Michael points to the Lantern and the wall he then takes a risk that the wall illusion is not immediately dangerous and feels past the wall to emphasize it is illusionary. He then spreads his hands acrose in an attempt to emphasize the illusion is the entire room, "sarmag".
Friendpmcii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 02:03 PM   #82
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

They follow up until the point where he says "Sarmag". Then they tense up, relax, and mutter among themselves. One of them points to the lantern and says "Nee sarmag. Lichtwerk." then he puts his hands together at the wrists and waves his fingers and moves them like some sort of animal. Sarmag!"

Another makes the little finger wiggle construct. "Sarmag? Ja? Nee?" (ja and nee are yes and no).

Moss gives way to a the illusion of a glowing wall with letters on it as he feels past it.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 05:15 AM   #83
Friendpmcii

Michael draws out his hand and makes a walking figure with his other hand, walking from his arm to his hand. When the walking figure reaches the hand he quickly removes the hand, balls it up, and smashis the walking figure. "Sarmage" then points to the room "... Trap"

Michael then checks to see if they can see the glowing symbles.
Old 08-21-2017, 09:50 AM   #84
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The certainly see the symbols, and they crowd into the room to clear the obstruction away. Its a latin alphabet, but in a different language, and without punctuation. There's something like a dozen lines of it, hovering in the air, embedded in an illusory wall.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 08-28-2017, 08:37 PM   #85
Friendpmcii

Michael suddenly wishing he knew what they said but decides to that this is not his specialty and he should follow whoever has the lead next. 'Hu, guess it wasn't a trap'. Michael relaxes and goes in and grabs his stuff back up, then heads to the hidden door to to have a look inside pocking his head back out to make Shure he isn't missing anything.
Old 08-30-2017, 01:06 PM   #86
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The captain is reading the writing, and seems to be doing so with a grim look on his face. He walks over to the other walls and starts brushing away the moss on them, revealing similar looking runes.

It occurs to michael that if the captain is looking for runes, he's ignoring the floor.

Old 08-30-2017, 09:47 PM   #87
Friendpmcii

Michael looks at the floor and makes sure that there isn't any traps for the captain to step on.
Old 09-04-2017, 08:16 AM   #88
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

There aren't. At least, not that wouldn't have already been stepped on.

The captain looks around at the various walls, then at Michael

"jij bent goed. of geluk". He steps through the first set of runes Michael uncovered, an into the tunnel. The others follow, and so does Michael.

This long, well cut hall is also covered in moss. The men are scraping it off, revealing what can only be considered a mural. One side depicts massive walled cities, masses of men with spears, and cannon. The other side depicts floating islands and strange creatures flying through the air. They look some what like clams with tentacles peaking out from their shells. The entire mural is one long illusion. There is no obvious exit.

The captain is standing between and staring at two round circles that glow. One shows people going in from the castle side, one shows them exiting on the islands.

Old 09-11-2017, 10:02 AM   #89
Friendpmcii

'Looks looks a teliportation device. I wonder if it goes to the castle? Not likely." Michael pays attention to any light that may be coming from rock in case there is a hidden door.
Old 09-12-2017, 09:42 AM   #90
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

All of the rock walls are glowing with light. At least most of it is an illusion over solid rock. Some moss is growing on here as well, but not as badly as in the other room. Michael can't see an obvious exit, he does know the general direction of more illusions in these caves.

Tags
lost in dreams