Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 11-02-2014, 06:43 PM   #1
Marknimphius

Default Standing Stones - Legends

2 questions -

Wife and I have a disagreement regarding the Standing Stones card. During combat, my wife added all of her bonuses needed to beat a monster and announced that she exceeded its number accordingly. I then played the Standing Stones card and slid the monster to the 3rd player (my daughter). My wife argued first that I was using the SS card on a "dead monster". So my first question is when exactly can the SS card be used - or - when is a monster said to be defeated/dead?

Second question, let's say that I was correct and I was able to use the SS card in this situation, my wife also argued that she would still get the monster's original treasure. Is this correct?

Please help! Thanks.

Kram

Last edited by Marknimphius; 11-02-2014 at 06:55 PM. Reason: clarity
Marknimphius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 08:57 PM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Standing Stones - Legends

The player in combat has to give a reasonable amount of time to the other players to stop them from winning the combat. Just counting up your combat strength and saying you are winning is not sufficient to claim that the Monster is now dead. Playing Standing Stones is clearly a way to stop someone from winning the combat, especially if that was the only Monster, or winning the game if there is enough Monsters to give enough Levels for that.

So, back to your situation: Your play was legitimate since you're absolutely supposed to be given an opportunity to stop your wife from winning the combat. Your wife did not kill the Monster and therefore gets no rewards. Your daughter is now fighting the Monster, and if she can beat it, gets any of its rewards. Since there were no other Monsters, your wife gets to Loot The Room after your daughter is done dealing with the Monster.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
card, clarify, rules, standing, stones