Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars

Old 07-31-2018, 02:54 PM   #1
jsorryman

Default Ĉar Wars Card Game Card Count...?

I purchased the Car Wars Card Game today. It was a used copy. Pristine, but opened. However, even though the box says it contains 150 cards, my set has 154. It looks as though there are two cards in my set (and two of each of these) that aren't listed in the rules: Body Armor, and Out of Control. Is the card could take on the box wrong? Or are these some kind of promo cards?
jsorryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 03:07 PM   #2
TheAmishStig

Default Re: Ĉar Wars Card Game Card Count...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsorryman View Post
I purchased the Car Wars Card Game today. It was a used copy. Pristine, but opened. However, even though the box says it contains 150 cards, my set has 154. It looks as though there are two cards in my set (and two of each of these) that aren't listed in the rules: Body Armor, and Out of Control. Is the card could take on the box wrong? Or are these some kind of promo cards?
I believe Body Armor was a promo card; I don't remember 'Out of Control' off the top of my head.

Depending on the edition / printing, you may have also gotten 'Cow Tipping' and something else, which were intended to spice up cross-play between Car Wars CG and Battle Cattle CG.
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA
Imgur: https://agent0460.imgur.com/
TheAmishStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 03:13 PM   #3
jsorryman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAmishStig View Post
I believe Body Armor was a promo card; I don't remember 'Out of Control' off the top of my head.

Depending on the edition / printing, you may have also gotten 'Cow Tipping' and something else, which were intended to spice up cross-play between Car Wars CG and Battle Cattle CG.
Thanks for the reply. Both of the cards I mentioned have "carwars.sjgames.com" printed across the bottom, where the others don't. So, yeah, probably promos of some sort. Cool! But, sadly no "Cow Tipping" lol.
Old 07-31-2018, 03:48 PM   #4
TheAmishStig

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsorryman View Post
Thanks for the reply. Both of the cards I mentioned have "carwars.sjgames.com" printed across the bottom, where the others don't. So, yeah, probably promos of some sort. Cool! But, sadly no "Cow Tipping" lol.
They might be what replaced the Battle Cattle CG cards...maybe due to 'it's out of print, so these cards won't do any good', maybe due to 'we're not renewing this license and ergo cannot print more of these cards'. Still, super-cool you got a few promo cards in-box like that.
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA
Imgur: https://agent0460.imgur.com/
TheAmishStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 04:13 PM   #5
MIB.6361

Location: Phoenix, Arizona, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Infinity.

I can confirm. Those are promo cards. I'm pretty sure I put two of each in my deck as well.
Old 07-31-2018, 05:49 PM   #6
jsorryman

My set is 3rd Edition. From what I can see, the BC cards were included with 2nd Edition. But yeah, the extra cards are cool to have. This particular used bookstore has been a treasure trove of lucky Car Wars finds. A couple of months ago, I found Crash City and Truck Stop there, still factory sealed, 20 bucks each. Last year, I found a used copy of Arenas that had an entire Car Wars Classic set inside, along with the Arenas Maps.

Last edited by jsorryman; 07-31-2018 at 06:20 PM.
Old 07-31-2018, 08:09 PM   #7
Magesmiley

They are indeed promo cards for the Car Wars Card Game. I've handed more than a few out at my convention events.

Watch your handling and remember to Drive Offensively!
Magesmiley is offline   Reply With Quote