Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 12-07-2017, 04:58 PM   #11
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Default Re: OGRE Loot! Show Us Yours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misplaced Buckeye View Post
I really do love it when people say there is a limit to things, usually it's their interest and not yours. One of these days I'll post up a picture of the 4 plus ODE plus the old stuff and minis. Right now I'm busy gluing and playing...lol. Well done sparky.
He didn't say his collection has a limit or imply it won't get bigger; he said his collection is limited due to being away from Ogre for 30+ years. The implication is there would be a lot more stuff if he had been gathering continuously. I don't see any evidence that he thinks what he currently has is the upper limit of what he should have or is unreasonable, just that he's been limited by time/activity.
Old 12-07-2017, 07:54 PM   #12
sparky00

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranitePenguin View Post
He didn't say his collection has a limit or imply it won't get bigger; he said his collection is limited due to being away from Ogre for 30+ years. The implication is there would be a lot more stuff if he had been gathering continuously. I don't see any evidence that he thinks what he currently has is the upper limit of what he should have or is unreasonable, just that he's been limited by time/activity.
Precisely correct GranitePenguin! The limit of the size of my Ogre collection is strictly determined by time, availability, opportunity & budget. I believe I've done OK over the last 5 months.
I'm in no way limited by interest. I'll study or play Ogre anytime i can. I'll buy just about any Ogre item i can get for a fair price. I can see myself easily acquiring another ODE or two, as well as the Ogre mini army I dreamed of back in the 80's. and probably a whole lot more. Looking forward to the upcoming Battlefields expansion, Rulebook & Nightfall scenarios. Its great to be back in the Ogreverse again, and see how the game has developed over the years. Its a great time, & I'm loving every minute of it!
sparky00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 06:43 PM   #13
Misplaced Buckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky00 View Post
Precisely correct GranitePenguin! The limit of the size of my Ogre collection is strictly determined by time, availability, opportunity & budget. I believe I've done OK over the last 5 months.
I'm in no way limited by interest. I'll study or play Ogre anytime i can. I'll buy just about any Ogre item i can get for a fair price. I can see myself easily acquiring another ODE or two, as well as the Ogre mini army I dreamed of back in the 80's. and probably a whole lot more. Looking forward to the upcoming Battlefields expansion, Rulebook & Nightfall scenarios. Its great to be back in the Ogreverse again, and see how the game has developed over the years. Its a great time, & I'm loving every minute of it!
Gentlemen, Gentlemen You have totally taken what I said by mistake and with the trolling that goes on with the internet I can understand. My comment was directed at those that tell us we should have a limit. I TOTALLY agree with you both and actually consider Sparky a kindred spirit as I approach Ogre in all it's phases the same way. Sorry if you felt any other way.
Misplaced Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 02:13 PM   #14
sparky00

No harm done at all! I agree - no limits. Especially that budget limit. And the time limit. Both of those have been killers for me lately ;-).
Thanks for the clarification.
Hope to see you over a game board someday...

You'll know its me - I'll be the one rolling the impossibly long string of coseceutive "1's".
sparky00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 06:25 PM   #15
Knockman

A lot of stuff, both old and new (ODE) and a lot of unpainted Ogre miniatures too. Perhaps one day I should compile an inventory? Maybe.

All my current boardgame Ogre material (ODE & related bits) resides in a 'Really Useful Box' for ease-of-transport and safety. The original big box is in it's shipping box stashed away in the loft.

Sadly, the shot glasses I got as part of the ODE KS project were all chipped and damaged - probably down to the clumsiness of the freight people or the storage people, I don't really know. So there's never been a chance to toast any success - NAC or Combine or anyone else - for popping an Ogre :-/

E-mail Contact: tiffingames@gmail.com

BGG Link: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgamee...ponsored-count

Update: 8th June 2018 - officially formatted S&TO Rules Version 3 now available on this website.
Knockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 06:54 PM   #16
Dave Crowell

At least two of us recieved our shiny new BLACK plastic Ogres today. The other guy even posted a photo of an assembled MK III on Facebook.
Dave Crowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 06:58 PM   #17
Mack_JB

My black Ogres supposedly arrive Tuesday.
Mack_JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 08:58 PM   #18
CON_Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack_JB View Post
My black Ogres supposedly arrive Tuesday.
Whereupon you will have the perfect Ogre to play "The Black Knight" scenario...
Old 12-11-2017, 11:32 AM   #19
Misplaced Buckeye

Quote:
No harm done at all! I agree - no limits. Especially that budget limit. And the time limit. Both of those have been killers for me lately ;-).
Thanks for the clarification.
Hope to see you over a game board someday...

You'll know its me - I'll be the one rolling the impossibly long string of coseceutive "1's".
Well, I'll be at Origins 2018. Wife and I are making a week of it; me to game her to visit relatives. GO BUCKS! Maybe we can meet up there....
Misplaced Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 02:09 PM   #20
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
You can't lay sole claim to that "gift." My game online against Bounder last Friday was incredibly 1-heavy on my side. It was a pretty solid "you shall not win" divine intervention if I ever saw one.

Tags
ogre 6e, ogre miniatures