Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 12-31-2009, 09:00 AM   #81
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Default Re: Who's next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
What about a collection? Instead of something for one Superior or Tether or what have you, what about a book about several Superiors or whatever? Minor Superiors?
Well, most of the living "minor Superiors" have already been done; of the ones in canon, all but Christopher and Furfur have a full writeup.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 09:22 AM   #82
ladyarcana55

Really? I have to look again.

When you say 'write up' I am thinking of a full book as opposed to a page or two. I was thinking more along the lines of taking everything written up about a Superior and putting it all in one book, or one section, as opposed to looking up bits and pieces in several books.

Although I really like the idea of places, cities and such. It would make it so much easier planning. But, then again, that is a part of the fun of the game...

hm...I find myself in a bit of a quandry...
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 09:29 AM   #83
Rocket Man

Quote:
Really? I have to look again.

When you say 'write up' I am thinking of a full book as opposed to a page or two. I was thinking more along the lines of taking everything written up about a Superior and putting it all in one book, or one section, as opposed to looking up bits and pieces in several books.
That's pretty much what the "full writeups" have been as opposed to what Rob calles "bare bones" (the two-page guide) and "extended writeups" (usually 8-10). And of course, before the line went all-PDF, multi-Superior books were the rule for volumes 1 through 4.

The minor Archangels Litheroy and Zadkiel (yay!) each got their own PDF. The minor Princes Alaemon, Fleurity and Mammon were each featured in Superiors 4.

Old 12-31-2009, 09:35 AM   #84
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
The minor Archangels Litheroy and Zadkiel (yay!) each got their own PDF. The minor Princes Alaemon, Fleurity and Mammon were each featured in Superiors 4.
Oh SNAP!

I totally forgot about the Superiors series. Darn it...

But Alaemon, Fleurity, Mammon, Litheroy and Zadkiel are considered minor? I actually didn't realize that. What separates a minor/major Superior? I am fuzzy now on the distinction.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 09:48 AM   #85
Attercap

Quote:
But Alaemon, Fleurity, Mammon, Litheroy and Zadkiel are considered minor? I actually didn't realize that. What separates a minor/major Superior? I am fuzzy now on the distinction.
Major Superiors are those featured in the core rules, any other superiors are considered "minor". Minor superiors have less political power or don't move in quite as many circles and may not have as many servitors as the major superiors. Before the Great Depression, Mammon was a Major Superior, but acts against him forced him into the minor leagues.
Old 12-31-2009, 10:45 AM   #86
Rocket Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attercap View Post
Major Superiors are those featured in the core rules, any other superiors are considered "minor". Minor superiors have less political power or don't move in quite as many circles and may not have as many servitors as the major superiors. Before the Great Depression, Mammon was a Major Superior, but acts against him forced him into the minor leagues.
Correct. As for "in-world" reasons for the others being minor:

* Fleurity is minor because he's only been Prince for 20 years or so. He laid a lot of groundwork as the Demon of Drugs, but he hasn't had time to build a huge organization or claim extensive Tethers. (Christopher is minor for much the same reason; his Archangelic status is only about 30 years old.)

*Litheroy is minor because he lacks political heft. Much of Heaven is reluctant to work with him because he insists on revealing everything and putting all plans in the open.

* Alaemon is minor for a parallel reason to Litheroy -- by nature of his Word, the Prince of Secrets is reluctant to directly work with anyone, and thus lacks the influence he might otherwise have. (It doesn't help that some of the older Princes preferred Gennubath, the original Secrets lord.)

* Zadkiel, though an older Archangel in human terms, is minor because she spreads herself thin. Her people try to be everywhere, helping everyone, with the result that her organization isn't as concentrated as it might be.

Old 12-31-2009, 04:06 PM   #87
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

And Furfur would be a Minor Superior because A) he's pretty young and potentially self-destructive, and B) the players might actually foil him, actually.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:52 AM   #88
mannyneps

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkelk View Post
I just updated the big list of Superiors to update the Geocities links - either pointing them to the Wayback Machine (when it has the pages) or removing them (when it doesn't).

Did anybody save copies of the writeups that the Wayback Machine didn't get, Manny Nepomuceno's writeup of Oannes (was at http://www.geocities.com/angeloffools/stuff/oannes.html) and Dave Taylor's writeup of Vephar (was at http://www.geocities.com/archangel_nine/Vephar.txt)?
Hi, everyone. I found this thread by Googling myself.

Anyway, to address the concern - I have a backup of my old In Nomine Web site on my home PC. Had I known that there was still interest in the content, I would have put it up somewhere else before Geocities closed down.

I'll post it all up somewhere and provide the link here for your convenience.

Thanks,
;) Manny

p.s. I haven't heard from many of you in years. I hope you've been well.
mannyneps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 07:51 PM   #89
robkelk
Untitled

Thank you!

There aren't as many IN fans as there used to be, but we who are left are a bit more passionate about the game. When one is passionate about a game, one tends to collect as many add-ons as possible for it, and not care whether they're "canonical"...
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
meta, superiors