Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-16-2018, 06:11 AM   #10
Otaku

Default Re: [Basic] Advantage of the Week (#56): Favor

While expanding on a point in my previous post, I also noticed something about the builds for these two Favors:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alden Loveshade View Post
First Lord Cost: Ally (50% PC's points) 2 points, Frequency Roll 9 or less, Special Abilities +50%, Favor 1/5 = 1 point.

Second Lord Cost: Patron (200% PC's points) 15 points, Frequency Roll 9 or less, Special Abilities +50%, Favor 1/5 = 5 points.
"Special Abilities" is an Enhancement for Patrons, but it is showing up here on an Ally's sheet. It is basically a catchall so that a Patron who is disproportionately powerful compared to his or her CP total doesn't become a point crock. Here, it is slapped onto both Favor (Ally) and Favor (Patron)... but it doesn't ultimately affect the final value of the former and it doesn't sound like it should really belong to the latter. I think it best reserved for organizations; characters can just be assigned an Unusual Background Cost appropriate to the additional value their "Special Abilities" bring to the table.

Of course, one of the reasons I was so keen to start this series of threads is that I am kind of bad at GURPS. XP Am I misunderstanding the rules, here?
My GURPS Fourth Edition library consists of Basic Set: Characters, Basic Set: Campaigns, Martial Arts, Powers, Powers: Enhanced Senses, Power-Ups 1: Imbuements, Power-Ups 2: Perks, Power-Ups 3: Talents, Power-Ups 4: Enhancements, Power-Ups 6: Quirks, Power-Ups 8: Limitations, Powers, Social Engineering, Supers, Template Toolkit 1: Characters, Template Toolkit 2: Races, one issue of Pyramid (3/83) a.k.a. Alternate GURPS IV, GURPS Classic Rogues, and GURPS Classic Warriors. Most of which was provided through the generosity of others. Thanks! :)
Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advantage, advantage of the week, favor, week, [basic]