Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 12-23-2010, 08:34 PM   #41
Scummbuddy

Default Re: How many of you use sleeves?

As I stand by my claim it is still better to put sleeves on fairly important promo cards, which leads to putting sleeves on all the cards, I found myself in a bit of a conundrum the other night.

I have all the colored sets of Fantasy Munchkin sleeved up and sitting in my Boxes of Holding. I was out shopping last night and decided to get Munchkin 5 and Munchkin 7 to at least have all the cards. I can substitute them out when they become available in color. I brought them home, went through "Go Up A Level" to update the two expansions, and then dropped them in my box, as I am out of sleeves for those for now. I then quickly noticed that 5 sets sleeved, and 2 not sleeved barely fit in one set of the Boxes of Holding. I know they were not designed to fit the cards with sleeves, but I was a bit upset. I guess I just wanted everything all neat and tidy.

Anyways, after considering the options of either de-sleeving all the cards I have already done and playing my cards in the buff (heh) but having them all fit, I went with the other option, broke down, and ordered another set of Munchkin Boxes of Holding and will sleeve the rest of the cards.

You win this round, Steve Jackson Games.
Scummbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 11:17 PM   #42
Lord Azagthoth

Default Re: How many of you use sleeves?

I only keep my play decks of Star Wars CCG in sleeves. I have 6 themed ready-to-play decks (3 Imperial and 3 Rebel). All other SW cards are stored safely in the Anthology boxes.

I also have some Star Trek cards (one of each). They are placed in sleeved maps for viewing.

If I had the room, I would rather put one of each of my SW cards in those sleeved maps.

I don't think my sleeves are that strong.
They would rip under the stress of 3G.

Dark Lord Azagthoth

Star Wars - TRPG
Lord Azagthoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:14 AM   #43
TallAndBoring

Default recommended card sleeves?

For those of you who use card sleeves, which kind/size do you suggest
A bit of my cards are getting a bit worn (A changeling with water damage, annihilation a little scratched, bananafanafofaser with bent corners) and I also want to hide the backs of different versions.
Thanks in advance!
TallAndBoring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:01 PM   #44
bonetm

Default Re: Munchkin-size card sleeves

I use Mayday Sleeves. Have not to complain about them: some of my cards are four years old and are as good as new.
MiB: #1602
bonetm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:11 PM   #45
Potatoguy

Default Re: Munchkin-size card sleeves

I own enough mayday sleeves to do all my fantasy and zombies. They sent me some replacement ones after a bunch had some marks on them and the ones I got in the mail sucked. They were sticky and are a difficult to get cards in. Also slightly taller then the ones I have. Aside from the **** batch sent to me I love them. If all the sleeves are like that now ill be mad. Im still going back and forth with them to figure this out.
Mayday=yes if they are the slick ones.

Edit: must have been a fluke. My replacements of the replacements are perfect. I really like these sleeves.

Last edited by Potatoguy; 08-08-2011 at 06:58 AM.
Potatoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 01:57 AM   #46
JonaBullets

Default Re: Card Sleeves

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronojinx View Post
I wonder if the Box of Holding can hold Munchkin cards with sleeves.
Short Answer, No.

I have the box of holding, and they barely fit the cards themselves!

I have both the Mayday and Fantasy Fight Sleeves.

Pros.

Mayday cards are thinner and can stack better.
Mayday cards are smaller and sit flush with the top of the card (making it easier to some what put in the box of holding)

FFS cards are thicker making them feel stronger.
FFS cards are 5mm higher, thus allowing for "over hang" on the top of the card

Cons.
Mayday cards are thinner... bend easier, dont feel as strong
Mayday cards are smaller, and the tops of the cards commonly take wear.

FFS cards are taller, and cannot fit in any of the box of holding, unless on a 30o angle.
JonaBullets is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
card sleeves, munchkin, sleeves, storage