Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Warehouse 23 > Pyramid

Old 06-15-2021, 07:55 AM   #1
Tom Mazanec

Default Circulation

How has the circulation of Pyramid Magazine done over the years?
Tom Mazanec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 03:38 PM   #2
Blind Mapmaker

Default Re: Circulation

That would certainly be interesting to know. Though circulation is a bit of a squishy term now that the issues never go out of print and there are no subscriptions anymore.

When there was still a separate e23 subdomain for electronic products, we got monthly top twenty sales numbers that were useful for GURPS and - I assume - for Pyramid. Noweadays the Warehouse 23 top sellers are almost never in the RPG sector and I assume with Pyramid 4 most of the sales are from Kickstarter directly.

I don't remember ever seeing Pyramid near the top when the e23 sales numbers were still around, but I would be surprised if they ever dropped out of the top twenty for long. And those were probably only the people that didn't subscribe anyway.

So long story short: no idea, but likely decreasing from decade to decade with maybe an increase since the Kickstarter.
Old 11-26-2021, 10:26 AM   #3
Polydamas

Default Re: Circulation

Publishers generally do not release that information for whatever reason, but I don't think it would be meaningful for Pyramid #3. Whereas subscription works on a model of offering a lower unit cost (and less decisions) in exchange for some issues which any given subscriber does not enjoy, for most of its lifetime Pyramid #3 strongly encouraged people to buy individual issues. Early on they encouraged people to subscribe but that seemed to become less important to them.

This forum got less aggravating when I started using the ignore feature
Polydamas is offline   Reply With Quote