Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 03-23-2019, 02:47 PM   #11
amenditman

Default Re: How am I going to sort/store these counters?

I printed out a bunch of these from the PDFs as soon as we got them.

I've been using Plano boxes with the removable dividers. Those are not optimal as the cardstock slips under the dividers sometimes. I sort wizards into one stack, creatures each have their own stack, heros are sorted by equipment type.

It ends up being a lot of separate little stacks, but is pretty quick for use at the game table.

There are just 2 drawbacks making me look for a better option.
1 - those pesky removable dividers
2 - they are big and cumbersome (and these are the small ones that came as inserts for a tackle box.
Old 03-23-2019, 04:34 PM   #12
madhopper50

At first I left the counters in the provided plastic bags. Then I put them in my PanzerBlitz counter trays. After that, I put them back into the plastic bags. I had purchased an extra set of counters for each game just to save, so why worry about storage.
madhopper50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 05:39 PM   #13
JLV

That's a good point, but at the same time, let me say that the "Ogre Garage" in Ogre Designer's Edition (I have no idea if it's included in 6th Edition or not, but hope it is) was a godsend as far as keeping everything intact, sorted, and in one place. Something similar for TFT would be very cool...
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 05:52 PM   #14
madhopper50

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLV View Post
That's a good point, but at the same time, let me say that the "Ogre Garage" in Ogre Designer's Edition (I have no idea if it's included in 6th Edition or not, but hope it is) was a godsend as far as keeping everything intact, sorted, and in one place. Something similar for TFT would be very cool...
True, but that game with 3D cardboard miniatures and the Ogre Garage was very handy (I have the 6th Edition). Now if a stretch goal for a future TFT Kickstarter include a "TFT Garage" that would be nice.
madhopper50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 07:10 PM   #15
amenditman

TFT garage and a bunch of counters that could be used as both flat token type counters and as stand up cardboard heroes style 'figures'.

I'd back that Kickstarter.
Old 03-23-2019, 08:34 PM   #16
Groknard

I had two standard GMT counter trays that I’d ordered from Noble Knight a few years ago, and use those with the big white storage box that came with IWIA. I had to trim about 1/8 inch off of each end of the trays and lids, and they slipped right into that box. Easily holds all of the full size single-hex counters for Melee, Wizard and Death Test, with room to grow for TFT Adventures. And it creates a nice pocket on the side for cards, pads and dice.
Old 03-24-2019, 10:46 AM   #17
Skarg

I have several tackle boxes for TFT & GURPS counters, but they were bought in the 1980's so the brand name may not help anyone much. I may need to get some more now.

I also find that little boxes (e.g. I have used empty sore throat lozenge containers...) and/or little bags/envelopes can be great to use to put a group of counters together for a purpose such as keeping the counters for a PC party, or groups of NPCs/monsters that tend to be together, etc.
Skarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 10:53 AM   #18
nemomeme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groknard View Post
I had two standard GMT counter trays that I’d ordered from Noble Knight a few years ago, and use those with the big white storage box that came with IWIA. I had to trim about 1/8 inch off of each end of the trays and lids, and they slipped right into that box. Easily holds all of the full size single-hex counters for Melee, Wizard and Death Test, with room to grow for TFT Adventures. And it creates a nice pocket on the side for cards, pads and dice.
Same solution here for now. One tray, with the giants and dragons in a baggie. I got ten of those extra GMT counter trays several years back so I'm always looking to use them where I can. I didn't trim they tray at all and it still fits, but it's a very tight fit.

edit: I did end up trimming the GMT counter tray. Fits better now. Pic via Twitter here.

Last edited by nemomeme; 03-24-2019 at 07:01 PM. Reason: added twitter link & update to tray solution.
nemomeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 03:54 PM   #19
guymc

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
Storing Counters: Please follow the Warehouse 23 Kickstarter account before the end of this month.

https://www.kickstarter.com/profile/warehouse23/created
I love it when he starts hinting...

I’m going to put off buying sorting boxes until I see where this goes.
Old 03-24-2019, 04:59 PM   #20
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by guymc View Post
I love it when he starts hinting...

I’m going to put off buying sorting boxes until I see where this goes.
Phil does leave the bestest hints!