Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 03-05-2019, 12:37 AM   #11
Wayne

Default Re: Grave of the Pirate Queen Questions

Oooh goody, I've got that one I'll have to read up on it
Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 09:56 PM   #12
Captain Joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan506 View Post
The skeletons might just have darkvision, although it doesn’t matter much since the delvers will have light. But it satisfies my “why are they here without light if they can’t see in the dark?” question.
My impression is that skeletons just do what they do on autopilot and don’t really care about light. I personally would not give generic skeletons Dark Vision.
Captain Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 05:37 AM   #13
Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan506 View Post
I assume fish and octopuses have dark vision IRL.
Just a quick note: nothing has Dark Vision IRL - it's a magical sense that works in the complete absence of light. Sight is detecting light bouncing around off of things, so doesn't work if there's no light.

Fish and other creatures in the deep down dark deep down either generate their own light, or are blind and get around via sonar, sense of touch (feeling water currents as much as feeling your way along the ocean bottom), sense of smell, electroperception, hearing...
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 12:33 PM   #14
InexplicableVic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
Just a quick note: nothing has Dark Vision IRL - it's a magical sense that works in the complete absence of light. Sight is detecting light bouncing around off of things, so doesn't work if there's no light.

Fish and other creatures in the deep down dark deep down either generate their own light, or are blind and get around via sonar, sense of touch (feeling water currents as much as feeling your way along the ocean bottom), sense of smell, electroperception, hearing...
I knew I should have paid more attention in AP Bio! Although I’m not entirely sure this was covered in any great detail. Thanks for the info, though.
InexplicableVic is offline   Reply With Quote