Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 03-24-2019, 03:43 PM   #61
Allensh

Default Re: Thank you, everyone!

This is probably the most amazing RPG boxed set I have ever seen. Thank you!

Allen
Allensh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 05:47 PM   #62
WhiskeyVictor

Finally got my Backerkit extras in the second shipping. All arrived in perfect condition. Thanks to everyone for their mad packing skillz!
WhiskeyVictor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 06:11 PM   #63
larsdangly

Woa, that was fast; I was assuming I wouldn't get my companion and add ons for another week or two.
larsdangly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 07:35 PM   #64
balrog62

Everything in the box was beautiful! I made several of my gaming friends jealous because they didn't back the KS and I did. I had fond memories of playing Melee and Wizard during lunch my senior year of high school (1979-1980), until the principal confiscated it and made me promise to not bring it back. Now, I'm getting my kids addicted!
balrog62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 08:25 PM   #65
JLV

I want to add to WhiskeyVictor's comment -- the packing effort on this has been absolutely prodigious. Even the extras, that didn't have, really, a purpose designed box, were done extremely well and absolutely zero damage was done to ANYTHING in either of my packages. Of course, kudos to FEDEX for not employing the gorillas from those old luggage commercials too, but even so, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, and it's clear that Daryll, his team, and the distribution center worked HARD at making sure things wouldn't get smashed or ruined in shipping. A HUGE thanks to all of you for doing that!
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 08:37 PM   #66
woodchuck

Everything arrived on Friday and if I hadn't bothered to check my e-mail before going to bed my package would have spent a rainy night on my front porch. Fed-ex didn't knock or ring the door bell and this isn't the first time. The game looks great.
Old 03-24-2019, 10:10 PM   #67
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Let's keep the focus on the game, not the shipping that gets it to you. There are other forums where you can rant about shipping companies if you want; this isn't the time OR place. Thanks.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 07:22 AM   #68
Shadekeep

The precision packing of the I Want It All box is a thing of beauty. I'm glad they decided to brand and style the shipping box itself, because it's definitely worth keeping everything in.
Shadekeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 11:56 AM   #69
JLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadekeep View Post
The precision packing of the I Want It All box is a thing of beauty. I'm glad they decided to brand and style the shipping box itself, because it's definitely worth keeping everything in.
IKR!? It's that kind of attention to detail that really makes this whole thing even better -- I certainly saved my shipping container to keep the game in!
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 12:00 PM   #70
Anaraxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadekeep View Post
I'm glad they decided to brand and style the shipping box itself, because it's definitely worth keeping everything in.
Mine (re-)arrived today. I, too, am tempted to keep the shipping container, just for that printing on the outside. Cardboard's usually pretty acidic, but I can always line it with some sacrificial paper.

One point I don't remember anyone making on the unboxing videos is that the Legacy Edition box is very heavy cardboard, much more solid than the usual game package. I appreciate that, given all my old boardgames with burst corners. It's a keepsake item for grognards, for sure.

I also appreciate the counter upgrades. I remember cutting the old ones out with a pair of scissors. These are die-cut and are on much thicker stock, so they'll both survive more handling and be easier to handle.
Anaraxes is offline   Reply With Quote