Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 11-16-2018, 06:08 PM   #11
malchidael

Default Re: New TFT Adventure - The Chaos Triads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terquem View Post
I just purchased it, and after a quick scan I really like it, also I think it will play with Minifigs just fine

$5.00 is a terrific price for this sort of adventure

My only regret is breaking my vow not to buy any more games or game accessories.
That's a bad vow. A bad, bad vow.

:)

(I've made the same vow, but have exempted TFT from it - much to my wife's chagrin. I've waited 30 years for this.....)

I agree - it's a great adventure, terrific price, and should be fun to GM.
malchidael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 12:18 PM   #12
madhopper50

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLV View Post
I just want to say that the critique of the module published over on the TFT Facebook page seems just flat out wrong to me. The figures look fine, and should print well. I'll admit that color would have been nice, but not for the Chaosstained characters; they're just fine. And frankly, I don't find $5.00 to be out of line for the adventure either.

Having read over the adventure, I think it will be a lot of fun to run people through, and has enough hanging threads that it would be easy to parley into a more complex series of adventures. In other words, I am pleasantly impressed by the quality of the effort, especially given the relatively short amount of time given to put it together.

A+ on this one, folks.
Have to agree with you. The Facebook post had me hesitate at first, but downloaded it today and love it.
madhopper50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 06:38 PM   #13
Senturian

spoiler alert, maybe?
I read the whole module, there wasn't any mention of an amulet till this:

FAILURE IS AN OPTION
A winning outcome with an intact Orb is unlikely; the GM
should not force such an ending on the PCs.
If the party returns with pieces of the Orb and the melted
amulet,

did I miss something?
Senturian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 06:56 PM   #14
Chris Rice

Mentioned on page 5 under the stuff about the Guardian.
Chris Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 08:34 PM   #15
Senturian

thank you. don't know how I missed it. guessing it could have some importance in a future adventure.
Senturian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 10:54 AM   #16
Barliman

Read this and enjoyed it -- I can imagine a lot of fun moments watching the players try to "catch" the shards. It seemed odd to me to start at 40 point characters, though. Isn't that the high end for TFT?
Barliman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 12:21 PM   #17
Chris Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barliman View Post
Read this and enjoyed it -- I can imagine a lot of fun moments watching the players try to "catch" the shards. It seemed odd to me to start at 40 point characters, though. Isn't that the high end for TFT?
That's not exactly what it says. It says it's for 5-7 beginning characters (who may well not complete it as stated at the end of the adventure). It also says it might be completed by four 40 point characters.
Chris Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 09:13 AM   #18
Barliman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rice View Post
That's not exactly what it says. It says it's for 5-7 beginning characters (who may well not complete it as stated at the end of the adventure). It also says it might be completed by four 40 point characters.
Ah. Shows what I get for quick-skimming the start.
Barliman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 11:15 AM   #19
ColBosch

I am bored at work, so I plonked down the $5 for this, even though I fully intend to buy the Adventures omnibus.

This is a good adventure. A really, really good adventure. I don't think I'll be able to scrape together 5-7 players, but I think 3 people each controlling 2 starting characters should be able to get through it. If not, well, there's plenty of time for another expedition to launch...
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 04:59 PM   #20
JLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColBosch View Post
I am bored at work, so I plonked down the $5 for this, even though I fully intend to buy the Adventures omnibus.

This is a good adventure. A really, really good adventure. I don't think I'll be able to scrape together 5-7 players, but I think 3 people each controlling 2 starting characters should be able to get through it. If not, well, there's plenty of time for another expedition to launch...
I think you can pre-order the Adventure book through the Hexagram Backerkit (sorry, don't have a link available, but I know Phil has repeatedly published it on this forum) if you want. And, btw, the last adventure (the one they just sent out for mass review) is even better (IMO) than Chaos Triads -- which, as you say, is a pretty darn good one!
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote