Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 09-16-2018, 05:45 AM   #1
Izzy_B

Default After action report: JIGG Tokyo Akihabara, September 16 2018

Went to the Japan International Gamers Guild meetup today and played two rounds of orange board Ogre.

Game 1: J1 from Spain, long time wargamer but new to Ogre. He took the MK III attacking, I took defense. He picked up on tactics really fast Even though he used up his missiles before getting to the center line, he did manage to ram the CP with only AP weapons left. Did not manage to make it back off the board as I finally got all his treads midway through his retreat.

Game 2: J2 from USA. Older gent who remembered the ziplock version of Ogre. He took the MK V attacking. I tried a two howitzer defense but he janked to the right of the board and I only got one of his main guns before he took out my howitzer with a missile. He took the CP with his last missile and I just couldn't grind down his treads with my remaining armor and infantry wasn't able to keep up. Total Ogre victory.

I did get a chance to showoff the Playmat M1 and both fellows expressed interest in trying that or a bigger multiplayer game next time.

There were a few other lookeyloos who seemed interested but were a bit too timid to play.
Izzy_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 10:23 AM   #2
wolf90

Default Re: After action report: JIGG Tokyo Akihabara, September 16 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy_B View Post
I did get a chance to showoff the Playmat M1 and both fellows expressed interest in trying that or a bigger multiplayer game next time.

There were a few other lookeyloos who seemed interested but were a bit too timid to play.
Thank you for being an ambassador for Ogre to the world! It sounds like fun was had by all. Even those who only looked on may be sufficiently encouraged to give it a try the next time.

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step" - Chinese proverb

D.
Proud sponsor of Ogre KS $4.5k Sheet #3 - Bringing the Vatican Guard, a Tiger-striped mercenary unit, and of course pink GEVs, to a game near you! Orders may be placed here.
wolf90 is offline   Reply With Quote