Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 12-21-2014, 10:08 PM   #1
am3p1234

Default Order of Playing Items in Charity / Sandals of Protection

I've been reading through many of the forum threads, but nothing seems to really answer this circumstance specifically, so I was curious as to what the consensus is...

A player in the game drew a curse (The Sex Change that gives you -5 on your next monster door card), and then afterwards put into play and use, the Sandals of Protection in his charity phase, suggesting that doing so cancelled the curse he just drew that would affect him on his next turn. I'm assuming a couple things as to why cancelling the curse wouldn't actually happen...

1) You must have equipped and in use The Sandals of Protection BEFORE knocking down the door in order to receive said protection.

2) I'm assuming the sandals are preventative, and not a cure, kind of like putting a hazmat suit on AFTER you're already exposed to the radiation wouldn't nullify you being affected.

3) That you can put items into play/use only on your first step and your charity set. (He didn't draw the sandals, if that makes any difference.)

I'm just curious if I'm interpreting any of the mechanics wrong that would have actually allowed the Sandals of Protection as a remedy, rather than a preventative measure. Thanks! (Reading through the forums has already helped me alot!)
am3p1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 11:45 PM   #2
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: Order of Playing Items in Charity / Sandals of Protection

You're correct that he can't use the Sandals to nullify a Curse he's already suffering from. To answer your last question, you can play Items at any point during your turn except during combat or Running Away. Playing an Item after resolving a Curse is perfectly fine.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 01:06 AM   #3
am3p1234

Default Re: Order of Playing Items in Charity / Sandals of Protection

Thanks for the helpful and quick reply! :)
am3p1234 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charity, curse, items, order, sandals