Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Transhuman Space

Old 08-30-2013, 10:54 PM   #21
MatthewVilter

Default Re: Orbital Habitat Schematics

Quote:
Originally Posted by hari View Post
Wait a miniute, I dont have the book around to look at and cant remember too well but doesnt Sakharov station have no gravity? Its like a big collection of junk as I remember it. Not at all the same as these big spinning habitats and everything like that.

I mean, those are useful as orbital habitat schematics for other things but I think the people who talk about dungeon style tunnels have it right when it comes to Sakharov Station.
Yeah, I think so.

*looks it up*

Hum, "Gravity is erratic...". o_O I don't even...

Well, anyway...

It looks like the station is mostly made up of "tin cans". For variety's sake I would say make them different sizes and mix in one or two small stations of different designs that have been integrated into the jumble. A few ships should also form parts of the permanent station structure.

I agree with laserdog, at least start with a flowchart style map before you try to map the station in 3D. On that note, I would make sure to include at least two or three loops in the layout. Otherwise you just have a tree and chase scenes are boring. Best would be if there are hidden shortcuts between parts of the station that are far apart in the layout but close in 3D space.
MatthewVilter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
o'neill cylinder, orbital habitat