Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V. > Ogre Video Game

Old 08-23-2017, 07:53 AM   #1
XeroXeroXero

Default Steam Page Updated With New Screens

Hello all,

People have been asking to see more screenshots of the game, including ones where you can see the user interface (or "UI") in it, so you can start to see how players will interact with the units.

We've just this moment updated our Steam page with new screens taken directly from the latest build of the game.

You can see them here (along with the trailer from last week). If you're liking what you're seeing, do please add the game to your Steam Wishlist (here's how, if you're new to Steam) as it really does help us out.

Let Jake and I know what you think of the new screens and if you've got any questions, ask away!
XeroXeroXero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 07:58 AM   #2
sir-talen

Default Re: Steam Page Updated With New Screens

Cool beans. Any word yet on when the price will be announced?
Old 08-26-2017, 03:42 PM   #3
ColBosch

Looking good! I can't wait!

...seriously I can't wait give it to me. :D
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 08:22 AM   #4
AurochJake

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir-talen View Post
Cool beans. Any word yet on when the price will be announced?
Price hasn't been absolutely decided yet, but we will confirm soon :)
AurochJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 02:35 PM   #5
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

There are some more screens (and video) visible in the gameosity article

and there were more screenshots that I stumbled across earlier today, but don't know where they went. :-(

EDIT: Found them on Facebook. They are publicly visible.

Last edited by GranitePenguin; 08-30-2017 at 02:44 PM.
GranitePenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 09:42 AM   #6
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

I've noticed in a couple of the new images/videos something that's a bit quirky with combat odds. For reference: the GIF of attacking the SHVY

When the attacks are stacked up, the numbers are A13, D2, for 6:1 odds, but the display shows 5:1. I realize that anything greater than 4:1 is an auto-kill, but I think the display should accurately reflect the _actual_ ratio. It looks like what you are doing right now is simply defaulting to 5:1 anytime the ratio is above 4:1, which feels "off" to me.

Either display the real ratio, or display "auto-kill" or something to that effect. I'd feel better if accurate maths are being represented. It's hard enough getting some people to warm up to the CRT, there's no reason to make it more confusing when moving back to the physical boardgame. :-)
Old 09-01-2017, 04:20 AM   #7
AurochJake

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranitePenguin View Post
I've noticed in a couple of the new images/videos something that's a bit quirky with combat odds. For reference: the GIF of attacking the SHVY

When the attacks are stacked up, the numbers are A13, D2, for 6:1 odds, but the display shows 5:1. I realize that anything greater than 4:1 is an auto-kill, but I think the display should accurately reflect the _actual_ ratio. It looks like what you are doing right now is simply defaulting to 5:1 anytime the ratio is above 4:1, which feels "off" to me.

Either display the real ratio, or display "auto-kill" or something to that effect. I'd feel better if accurate maths are being represented. It's hard enough getting some people to warm up to the CRT, there's no reason to make it more confusing when moving back to the physical boardgame. :-)
Thanks for the feedback as always GranitePenguin. As with all of this promo material, the art, UI and visuals in general are considered WIP, and aren't necessarily indicative of the final product. The reason it never went beyond 5:1 is that at 5:1, we knew it was an auto-kill so there was never any need to show anything higher from a code/design perspective. We knew this wasn't final and the combat odds have since been updated to show an auto-kill much more appropriately :)

This should become clear when the beta testing begins.

Thanks again!
AurochJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 06:58 AM   #8
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AurochJake View Post
As with all of this promo material, the art, UI and visuals in general are considered WIP, and aren't necessarily indicative of the final product.
Totally understand that, Jake. Just mentioning it because that's the whole point: fix what needs to be fixed before it's released (is it working as intended, or a mistake? You don't know if you don't ask). :-)
Old 09-02-2017, 11:10 PM   #9
Steve Jackson
President and EIC

How good it is to have users who are both able and willing to troubleshoot just based on screenshots :) Thank you!
Steve Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 08:30 AM   #10
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jackson View Post
How good it is to have users who are both able and willing to troubleshoot just based on screenshots :) Thank you!
It's completely selfish. I want the best Ogre possible for myself. The fact it will also be the best for everyone else is a bonus ;-)